+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent job required while applying under CEC for Express Entry?

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys,

I am in kind of a situation lately. I work for a fairly big woods company in their IT Department as a full-time employee but on-term basis. My one year term is expiring in June and it is the time when I will complete my 12 months requirement for CEC. My company is not sure if they can afford a permanent employee in near future so they are trying to offer me one more year term. The question is, should I consider it or look for some other job offering me a permanent position? I really love my job

I called CIC and they said it doesn't matter until you fulfill all the requirements and nowhere in requirement it says that you have to have a permanent job. Some people say it doesn't matter some say it does. I have never been this confused in my life before.

Please advice as soon as possible. My boss is waiting for my decision.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
So, if you can get a permanent job offer, you should apply under PNP (to get the 600 pts). If not, I suggest you to look for one that willing to fill out LMIA form for you (again, to get 600 points). The cut off was 899, so without PNP or LMIA, you wont make it :(

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
samonfire_007 said:
Hello guys,

I am in kind of a situation lately. I work for a fairly big woods company in their IT Department as a full-time employee but on-term basis. My one year term is expiring in June and it is the time when I will complete my 12 months requirement for CEC. My company is not sure if they can afford a permanent employee in near future so they are trying to offer me one more year term. The question is, should I consider it or look for some other job offering me a permanent position? I really love my job

I called CIC and they said it doesn't matter until you fulfill all the requirements and nowhere in requirement it says that you have to have a permanent job. Some people say it doesn't matter some say it does. I have never been this confused in my life before.

Please advice as soon as possible. My boss is waiting for my decision.
That means they can ask you anytime to leave, If I were you I would continue the same job but actively look for permanent position. Its your call.
With this experience you might be eligible for CEC meeting the minimum criteria but it would be plus if you can ask your company to do LMIA for you to support your PR application.

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
So tiffany123 and se7en do you think if I make my current company do LMIA for me and keep working on term position, I will be fine?

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Yep !! :) but again, LMIA is a very long process. Most employers dont want to do it. Good luck though :)