+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent full time job and co-op work permit

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi there,

I need help to know if I'm allowed to accept a full time job offer in my co-op term. My co-op will be from Jan to April after which I will continue as a full time employee. I'll apply for the PGWP as soon as I get my course completion certificate. The gap between the co-op end and PGWP application is what I'm worried about. Any guidance will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I need help to know if I'm allowed to accept a full time job offer in my co-op term. My co-op will be from Jan to April after which I will continue as a full time employee. I'll apply for the PGWP as soon as I get my course completion certificate. The gap between the co-op end and PGWP application is what I'm worried about. Any guidance will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!
You won't be able to work from the end of your co-op to the time when you submit your PGWP application. So you either need to make arrangements with your employer not to work during this period and to make sure you are unpaid. Or don't accept the full time job offer until you have submitted the PGWP application.

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
You won't be able to work from the end of your co-op to the time when you submit your PGWP application. So you either need to make arrangements with your employer not to work during this period and to make sure you are unpaid. Or don't accept the full time job offer until you have submitted the PGWP application.
Thank you for your response. This is very helpful!