+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Percentage of spouse sponsorship with red flag-approved, interviewed or refused

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Alidykeman said:
i think, they will not just refuse our application we didn't get married at 1st visit.and not short relationship.
we are legally married, we will include our marriage certificate from hk and authenticated here in the philippines. but as you said, interview guaranteed , yes.
good luck, better days will come, I know the feeling you are going through because it is the same for me, you just want the uncertainty to be finished, because the thought of being separated from the one you love is horrible and it is not a nice way to live having to worry about this....

I just wish the process was faster because it is kind of cruel to have people living in this stressful limbo waiting for months and years for things to be finalized

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
volkov said:
good luck, better days will come, I know the feeling you are going through because it is the same for me, you just want the uncertainty to be finished, because the thought of being separated from the one you love is horrible and it is not a nice way to live having to worry about this....

I just wish the process was faster because it is kind of cruel to have people living in this stressful limbo waiting for months and years for things to be finalized
thanks! :)
yes, its jus a matter of time. if only he can work and live here, sure why not, but i will be the one to adjust and live with him there.

anyway, i have a question regarding IMM5540. question#8 , what does word terms "resided" means, does it mean, residency, ? in our case, do we need to indicate hotel addresses/number where we stay ?

appreciate any opinion guys!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the sponsor had a resident visa for a country, then yes, this should be listed, and if he was staying at a hotel, use that address. If he was just in another country as a visitor or on a tourist visa, then there is some leeway in how to answer this.

If he stayed in another country for 6 months or more, definitely list it. If he was just in another country for a two-week vacation, and kept his home address in Canada, then do not list it here. I think his stays with you were all too short to be listed here.

SAMAWAN

Nov 14, 2014
My Interview done on 16th of March In Islamabad.. After that till time my application is in process... after how much days normally status changed?Huh

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
SAMAWAN said:
My Interview done on 16th of March In Islamabad.. After that till time my application is in process... after how much days normally status changed?Huh
Please, do not spam your question in 6+ threads. It's rude. Give people the opportunity to respond to your original question. It would also help if you created your own thread and gave more details about your situation.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
If the sponsor had a resident visa for a country, then yes, this should be listed, and if he was staying at a hotel, use that address. If he was just in another country as a visitor or on a tourist visa, then there is some leeway in how to answer this.

If he stayed in another country for 6 months or more, definitely list it. If he was just in another country for a two-week vacation, and kept his home address in Canada, then do not list it here. I think his stays with you were all too short to be listed here.
he never had visa. cause its only for two weeks.
in connection to this question, from other form asking if we lived together, should i answer yes? even only for 15 days together.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For this form, two weeks is not enough. Don't mention it.
For form IMM 5490, there are two questions that are relevant: question 24 is about visits; question 27 is about living together. Definitely list your visits together in question 24. For question 27, you can answer either way, but explain any answer. They do not mean living together in the sense of the one-year cohabitation requirement for common-law. In many appeals, you can see that the judge thought any overnight stays should be listed, even if it was just one night.

So either answer no, you have not lived together, but you have stayed together for ___ number of weeks, at ___ hotel. (See question 24.) Or answer yes, and basically just repeat the answer to question 24, maybe saying that you have not stayed together for a long time, but you spent ____ weeks together at the ___ hotel. You want either answer to be very clear, so that the visa officer (and the appeal judge, though let's hope it does not go to appeal) can easily see that you have spent the night with each other.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
For this form, two weeks is not enough. Don't mention it.
For form IMM 5490, there are two questions that are relevant: question 24 is about visits; question 27 is about living together. Definitely list your visits together in question 24. For question 27, you can answer either way, but explain any answer. They do not mean living together in the sense of the one-year cohabitation requirement for common-law. In many appeals, you can see that the judge thought any overnight stays should be listed, even if it was just one night.

So either answer no, you have not lived together, but you have stayed together for ___ number of weeks, at ___ hotel. (See question 24.) Or answer yes, and basically just repeat the answer to question 24, maybe saying that you have not stayed together for a long time, but you spent ____ weeks together at the ___ hotel. You want either answer to be very clear, so that the visa officer (and the appeal judge, though let's hope it does not go to appeal) can easily see that you have spent the night with each other.
Thanks for this insight ! That's what I'm up to, to be consistent with answers .