Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Can you guys share any idea how high or low of chances spouse sponsorship with huge age difference, religion, culture, etc. I'm bit wondering, if anyone has some red flag , what they did to proof a genuine relationships. What percentage has been approved despite of that red flags, or refused or called for interview.
Or every application unique just like every relationship is unique just like people every one is unique we can't compare each other' app.
(Sponsor-Canadian husband, PA from Philippines )

M

mikeymyke

It depends. If the applicant is from the US for example, age, culture, religion difference means very little. If the applicant is from a country where it's unusual to have a large age difference, or different religion, it could be a problem.

Interviews are almost guaranteed for couples in this kind of situation, especially in your case, where neither of you have met the parents, no marriage ceremony/reception, etc. Refusals can happen if the PA cannot satisfy the concerns of the interviewer.

My advice to you is to put off the sponsorship until at least the both of you can meet the parents and family members, take pics with them together, give yourself another year to help strengthen your application. You'll also have to come up with good explanations as to why neither of you have met the parents, why you guys chose to get married in another country away from your home town where your parents would've been living, why the age difference isn't a big deal, why a Muslim is marrying an athiest, etc.

Reactions: saqibzamir

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Thanks for information./suggestions,I guess it's depends then but no specific %.
Well, even I want to meet his family but can't , been refused trv once, and it will cost him a lot to bring family to Philippine even just by himself cost a lot. Even we will wait many years he be broke by then , And it cost a lot too for me to bring my parents to Manila more other country. That's why , we got married in hk just us then our 2 witnesses who's working there already. Of course , Theres still plan for him to meet my family.

Thanks a lot

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Alidykeman said:
Thanks for information./suggestions,I guess it's depends then but no specific %.
Well, even I want to meet his family but can't , been refused trv once, and it will cost him a lot to bring family to Philippine even just by himself cost a lot. Even we will wait many years he be broke by then , And it cost a lot too for me to bring my parents to Manila more other country. That's why , we got married in hk just us then our 2 witnesses who's working there already. Of course , Theres still plan for him to meet my family.

Thanks a lot
The problem is not so much the red-flags, but as Mikeymyke mentioned, the fact that you will end up in the interview queue which can add years to your application. Plus, the added stress of the interview.

Has he visited you much in the Philippines?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
OP: It seems that we have similarities. In retrospect I found the Manila VO to be an 'easy' processing VO as compared with what I have read here about some of the others. And I didn't find this forum until AFTER our application was submitted. So when we filled it out, we took a minimalist attitude. For example, our relationship story was 3 sentences and it fit in the box provided on the form. We submitted about 60 photos, a greeting card and NO other evidence like Skype, chat logs, nor email.

Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
We can't get the kind of statistics you are wondering about because every application is unique. There is no set definition of what is a red flag. It really varies by country and culture - for example, a couple in an arranged marriage from India might be refused because the wife is five years older than the husband, or because one of them is divorced and the other not. But an American-Canadian couple would not be refused for such reasons, simply because in one culture such a difference is normal and in the other it is extremely unusual.

The problem with waiting for a year before applying is that the visa officer will then wonder why you didn't apply as soon as possible after marriage. If a couple is living together outside of Canada, then this would be a good reason (they are not ready to move back to Canada, so no reason to apply), but if they are separated, the visa officer will be suspicious.

To make up for red flags, the couple should provide more evidence than a normal couple would need at their visa office. If there is an interview, the applicant should be prepared: know the application well, practice answering questions about your sponsor's life in Canada, and be sure to stress that the differences don't matter to you because you love one another.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Aquakitty said:
The problem is not so much the red-flags, but as Mikeymyke mentioned, the fact that you will end up in the interview queue which can add years to your application. Plus, the added stress of the interview.

Has he visited you much in the Philippines?
we met online june 2013 then his first visit here nov 2014 then 2nd time together last jan 2016 in hk which our wedding too plus honeymoon.
i'm still working out with my passport to get renew using my husband name. prob by june 2016 we can submit our app.

*-200-250photos
*3inch thick for Facebook msg/status, Imessage,Facetime screenshot, i think need to minimize this.
*remittances 2013-2016

Table of Content
Proof of relationship

1. Photos
• Wedding Photos
• January 11-24, 2016 (Hong Kong trip)
• November 19-December 3, 2014 (Manila, Phils. first visit)

2. Facebook messages (2013-2016)

3. IMessages (2014-2016)

4. Facetime (2014-2016)

5. Facebook status (2013-2016)

6. Remittances (2013-2016)

7. Wedding ring Receipt and processing fee

8. Gift receipt

9. Dining receipt and Disneyland tour (Hong Kong trip)

10. Hotel booking confirmation (Hong Kong trip)

11. Itinerary (Hong Kong trip)

12. Passport stamp –Philippine visit

13. Engagement ring receipt

*****i do have separate folder for sponsor and PA forms.

i will just update here once we submit our application.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
He should visit you for as long as he can, both before the application is submitted and afterwards, but before a decision is made. That way, if there is an interview, you will have more evidence of contact.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
We can't get the kind of statistics you are wondering about because every application is unique. There is no set definition of what is a red flag. It really varies by country and culture - for example, a couple in an arranged marriage from India might be refused because the wife is five years older than the husband, or because one of them is divorced and the other not. But an American-Canadian couple would not be refused for such reasons, simply because in one culture such a difference is normal and in the other it is extremely unusual.

The problem with waiting for a year before applying is that the visa officer will then wonder why you didn't apply as soon as possible after marriage. If a couple is living together outside of Canada, then this would be a good reason (they are not ready to move back to Canada, so no reason to apply), but if they are separated, the visa officer will be suspicious.

To make up for red flags, the couple should provide more evidence than a normal couple would need at their visa office. If there is an interview, the applicant should be prepared: know the application well, practice answering questions about your sponsor's life in Canada, and be sure to stress that the differences don't matter to you because you love one another.
ya , you got good point on that. actually, i have separate sheet to include with our app. elaborating all differences is not a problem and never be big deal for us. it's the person not the age, religion etc.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Alidykeman said:
ya , you got good point on that. actually, i have separate sheet to include with our app. elaborating all differences is not a problem and never be big deal for us. it's the person not the age, religion etc.
my spouse and I are over 20 years apart age difference, and we are extremely in love and completely inseparable, our relationship is closer than anyone I know of..... when you meet and marry your soulmate, it is all about the person and how you get along and make each other feel safe and just feel right together, nothing else matters

best of luck to you :)

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
He should visit you for as long as he can, both before the application is submitted and afterwards, but before a decision is made. That way, if there is an interview, you will have more evidence of contact.
the problem of visit here, cost a lot, he's saving for lawyer too and of course to have our own house once i get., we will wait if there is an interview then he can come with me. then he can meet my parents too .is just this time , my turn to go there,.and experience long hours flight my husband said.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
volkov said:
my spouse and I are over 20 years apart age difference, and we are extremely in love and completely inseparable, our relationship is closer than anyone I know of..... when you meet and marry your soulmate, it is all about the person and how you get along and make each other feel safe and just feel right together, nothing else matters

best of luck to you :)
absolutely right :)
we didn't expect ,it just happened we fell in love.
when you met the person who makes you, real happy that NO oNE can.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Alidykeman said:
the problem of visit here, cost a lot, he's saving for lawyer too and of course to have our own house once i get., we will wait if there is an interview then he can come with me. then he can meet my parents too .is just this time , my turn to go there,.and experience long hours flight my husband said.
I realize it is difficult and expensive, but keep in mind that visits before the decision is made are more important than visits afterwards. If the decision is favourable and you get the PR, great, but if they refuse the visa, visits made after the refusal are given less weight by the appeal judges. They think that the applicant is just trying to make their application look better once they realize it wasn't good enough because of the rejection.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
but what more we didn't expect this ***, keeping us apart. we should be together now tho. it's hard, but there's nothing much we can do, but to wait and see.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
I realize it is difficult and expensive, but keep in mind that visits before the decision is made are more important than visits afterwards. If the decision is favourable and you get the PR, great, but if they refuse the visa, visits made after the refusal are given less weight by the appeal judges. They think that the applicant is just trying to make their application look better once they realize it wasn't good enough because of the rejection.
i think, they will not just refuse our application we didn't get married at 1st visit.and not short relationship.
we are legally married, we will include our marriage certificate from hk and authenticated here in the philippines. but as you said, interview guaranteed , yes.