+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ Skilled Worker and Tefaq Questions

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Hello All.
I graduated from an English University, major civil engineering in Quebec.
First, I decided to take the PEQ programme, but I was afraid I couldn't pass Tefaq.
So at the end of August, I submitted my application for Quebec Skilled Worker Programme (I took the ielts exam, SO I passed 49 points).
But along the Skilled worker application, I also took the Tefaq exam five weeks ago. I know processing time of PEQ is shorter.
After the Tefaq, I know I passed the listening (which was shown just right after the exam). However, I am worried I didn't pass the speaking exam which I am still waiting the results.

My question is
1) If I pass the speaking exam also, how long will it take to change me Quebec Skilled woker programme to PEQ?
2) If I didn't pass the speaking exam, is that I only have to take the speaking exam only for the next time? Do two exams have a gap between? I heard it should be two months gay between two Tefaq something?
3) Is this because the people in Paris took a vacation, so it took them more than five weeks to give me results? Did anyone who took the Tefaq in August got the results? And can you tell me when you did the exam?

Thank you very much.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where did you take the exam?

6 weeks is Not an excessive delay to wait for results. Have you asked the centre where you took the exam?

I *think*, but I'm not 100% sure, that the results need to be from the same session (I.e. You'd need to retake both listening & speaking). Again the centre where you studied/took the exam can advise you.

You need to wait 1 month before retaking the exam.

Ask MIDI about how/how long it takes to change from QSW to PEQ.

Finally, are you currently working in Qc, or have a valid job offer? Other than PEQ, these are the only two categories of applications being accepted at the moment under QSW. If not, your application may be returned.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Where did you take the exam?

6 weeks is Not an excessive delay to wait for results. Have you asked the centre where you took the exam?

I *think*, but I'm not 100% sure, that the results need to be from the same session (I.e. You'd need to retake both listening & speaking). Again the centre where you studied/took the exam can advise you.

You need to wait 1 month before retaking the exam.

Ask MIDI about how/how long it takes to change from QSW to PEQ.

Finally, are you currently working in Qc, or have a valid job offer? Other than PEQ, these are the only two categories of applications being accepted at the moment under QSW. If not, your application may be returned.

really? i called quebec immigration office, they are not even sure about the exam if i should take both again if i only pass one.

second for QSW, i passed 49 points. why i still need a job? Just for work experiences part, i got no points?

but anyway in case what you say will happen in the future, I am currently taking the French course which is recongnized by PEQ programme, it's just I will finish probably next year March. Along that, i would take as much as Tefaq as possible.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cohenbrother said:
really? i called quebec immigration office, they are not even sure about the exam if i should take both again if i only pass one.

second for QSW, i passed 49 points. why i still need a job? Just for work experiences part, i got no points?
Because the QSW program isn't open at the moment, except for the 2 categories I mentioned. So if you don't meet those exceptions, your application will be returned... Read the section titled "Permanent workers":
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

but anyway in case what you say will happen in the future, I am currently taking the French course which is recongnized by PEQ programme, it's just I will finish probably next year March. Along that, i would take as much as Tefaq as possible.
If you get B2 level in the exams you just took, you're good to go for PEQ
Bonne chance :)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cohenbrother said:
but i met the Priority processing "applications from candidates who earned points under the factor Area of training."
I got 16 points from this one.
That ("priority processing") has nothing to do with the applications which are currently (and at the time you applied) being accepted under the QSW program.

Which category of the following did you meet *at the time of your application*?:

- you submit an application under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec experience program);

- you have enclosed a valid employment offer with the application for a selection certificate that you submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program;

- Citizenship and Immigration Canada has informed you that it has agreed to process your application for permanent residence in Canada;

- you are a temporary resident and eligible to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Lammawitch said:
That ("priority processing") has nothing to do with the applications which are currently (and at the time you applied) being accepted under the QSW program.

Which category of the following did you meet *at the time of your application*?:

- you submit an application under the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (Québec experience program);

- you have enclosed a valid employment offer with the application for a selection certificate that you submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program;

- Citizenship and Immigration Canada has informed you that it has agreed to process your application for permanent residence in Canada;

- you are a temporary resident and eligible to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
sorry i think i met the last one? or I really got confused.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
sorry , maybe i got the information wrong.
I applied for this one Regular program – Foreign student in Québec. or this one is the same one for QSW.?? :eek: ???

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cohenbrother said:
sorry , maybe i got the information wrong.
I applied for this one Regular program – Foreign student in Québec. or this one is the same one for QSW.?? :eek: ???
Maybe I'm confused now?! :(. Or maybe I've confused you - I hope not.

As a foreign student in Qc, having graduated, are you currently resident here (in Qc)? Are you working on a PGWP? What is your current status in Qc if you are not working? When exactly did you graduate?

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Maybe I'm confused now?! :(. Or maybe I've confused you - I hope not.

As a foreign student in Qc, having graduated, are you currently resident here (in Qc)? Are you working on a PGWP? What is your current status in Qc if you are not working? When exactly did you graduate?
I graduated from one Quebec University in May this year. I am still waiting for PGWP. I am in Quebec right now.
So from all these things, like graduate from "CIVIL Engineering", quebec university, under 35, ielts, at least one B2 from Tefaq test. I calculated my points, i got 57 points. So I applied the programme that I call "the long one" now because I don't know is that CSQ or QSW?

I am also waiting my tefaq results for speaking, which probably will come next week. And I am taking the French course which is autorised by Quebec Government. Because I want to change to PEQ which will be faster than the long one.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
the government sent me the letter just a few mins ago, they said they received my docs and i have my reference number now.
i think it is a good news??

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
Hi Guys,

I need your help/advice on my situation. I came to Montreal in January 2014 on a closed work permit working as a Research assistant at a university where I am still working. This year I also applied for a Study permit to attend a professional course which I am attend every during the weekends. Hence my present status is of both a full time worker and a full time student. I wished to apply for my CSQ in Quebec (through PEQ) as a full time worker. Would me also being a full time student create any problem for me?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
helpless_guy said:
Hi Guys,

I need your help/advice on my situation. I came to Montreal in January 2014 on a closed work permit working as a Research assistant at a university where I am still working. This year I also applied for a Study permit to attend a professional course which I am attend every during the weekends. Hence my present status is of both a full time worker and a full time student. I wished to apply for my CSQ in Quebec (through PEQ) as a full time worker. Would me also being a full time student create any problem for me?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.
as long as i know, you can not hold csq when you have study permit ( in quebec you should also have caq).
please ask the professional people, some agencies or you just call immigration quebec.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cohenbrother said:
the government sent me the letter just a few mins ago, they said they received my docs and i have my reference number now.
i think it is a good news??
Yes, good news :).

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cohenbrother said:
as long as i know, you can not hold csq when you have study permit ( in quebec you should also have caq).
please ask the professional people, some agencies or you just call immigration quebec.
+1. In addition: this question has been answered on other threads. Continually posting the question to multiple unrelated threads will not change the answer :(.