+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ or Express Entry

Jul 16, 2020
Hi, my partner and I are trying to obtain permanent residency in Canada, either in Quebec where we are currently located, or in other provinces. We are both American, and came to Montreal as international students. She went to McGill, whereas I studied at Université de Montréal. We both graduated last year. Currently, we are living in Montreal on Post-Graduate Work Permits, though due to coronavirus, neither of us can claim to be fully-employed. I'm wondering which pathway to PR is the most feasible for us? Since I speak French, and completed a degree at a francophone university, I'm trying to apply through the Programme de l'expérience Québec (PEQ). My partner, however, was wondering whether it might be easier for her to apply through Express Entry on the federal level since she doesn't speak French. Any help would be much appreciated!

Me:
Nationality: American
Degree: Université de Montréal (Master's)
Work: Not Fully-employed
Language: Can Speak French

SO:
Nationality; American
Degree: McGill (Master's)
Work: Not fully-employed, but 2-3 years of prior full-time employment in the U.S.
Language: Cannot Speak French

We are both living in Montreal rn, and both working online atm but dont have full-time job offers yet. Thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Having replied to your previous post on another forum I can say again this isn't that difficult a choice and you should get on with it already.

If her CRS score is high enough you should apply through Express Entry. If not then go down the PEQ route. Keep in mind they've just changed it to require work experience, but you may be grandfathered in.

Reactions: Islander216