+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ for workers, law prior to July 22, 2020

basslb

May 9, 2017
Hello,

I want to apply for CSQ, I got my Open work permit before July 22, 2020, so the old rules for PEQ applies for me, which is good.
I need to work for 1 year full time, to be able to apply for Quebec CSQ, then later to PR.

The question is, what are the accepted jobs for CSQ, regarding the rules prior to July 22, 2020?

Any idea? Are all jobs accepted? as long as I'm working Full time?

basslb

May 9, 2017
Any skilled job (NOC 0, A, or B).
Thanks but I just found out that any job in any category 0, A, B, C or D is fine, if I got my work permit before that latest changes in July 22!

You have been working in Québec for one year under a work permit.

• If you hold a valid work permit before the regulatory amendments come into effect, the transitional measure applies to you and you can submit an application under the prior conditions of the PEQ – Worker. Therefore, you can submit your application if you fulfil all of the prior conditions, namely: you acquired 12 months of work experience during the 24 months preceding your application; you held a job at the time you submitted your application, whether the job held was at level 0, A, B, C or D; and you have level-7 French proficiency, advanced intermediate.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks but I just found out that any job in any category 0, A, B, C or D is fine, if I got my work permit before that latest changes in July 22!

You have been working in Québec for one year under a work permit.

• If you hold a valid work permit before the regulatory amendments come into effect, the transitional measure applies to you and you can submit an application under the prior conditions of the PEQ – Worker. Therefore, you can submit your application if you fulfil all of the prior conditions, namely: you acquired 12 months of work experience during the 24 months preceding your application; you held a job at the time you submitted your application, whether the job held was at level 0, A, B, C or D; and you have level-7 French proficiency, advanced intermediate.
Any job, any category, full time - 30 hours per week according to transitional clause.