+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who got PR, how often did you check your profile?

Sep 16, 2020
Hi all,

Now that I have submitted my application, along with medicals and payment of fees, how often should I visit and check my profile?
I'm in two minds about this.
Part of me wants to just get on with my life and focus on other things like learning new skills and hunt for better jobs. No need for more anxiety.
Plus I hate that stupid loop that happens when I try to login and it takes me to the home page.
But part of me wonders if I'm missing out on an important update or requirement, and things would boil over if it's too late.
Is it safe to assume that if they need something, or if some issue needs to be addressed, I'll get an email to go check my profile?
Would love to know your experience and 2 cents.
Thanks.
AOR 10th May.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Unfortunately, you can't rely on email notifications.
I check the system 2-3 times every day, but I agree that it's a very stressful process. Unfortunately, my anxiety doesn't help here.

I would say that checking once every 2 or 3 days is safe. I already read some applicants who got additional information requests (e.g. family info) and IRCC gave them just 7 days to complete, so checking less often that that sounds not very safe to me.

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Checking application do not help at all. All requests from IRCC you will recieve by email.

I checked my application once a month in first 3 month from AOR.
3-7 month checked daily or 2-3 times a day.
7-10 month - check once a week.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi all,

Now that I have submitted my application, along with medicals and payment of fees, how often should I visit and check my profile?
I'm in two minds about this.
Part of me wants to just get on with my life and focus on other things like learning new skills and hunt for better jobs. No need for more anxiety.
Plus I hate that stupid loop that happens when I try to login and it takes me to the home page.
But part of me wonders if I'm missing out on an important update or requirement, and things would boil over if it's too late.
Is it safe to assume that if they need something, or if some issue needs to be addressed, I'll get an email to go check my profile?
Would love to know your experience and 2 cents.
Thanks.
AOR 10th May.
Applied on 6th May under the public policy stream and hell, I've been crazy waiting for AOR.
Usually you do get an email for any update or change in status.

Pro tip, to get through the loop, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your account in google chrome, first sign in usually is a loop.
2. Close the tab
3. Open incognito mode, and sign in.

Works perfectly fine.

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Buddy, your application will not get processed within a few days. The minimum that it may take is 4 months. No point checking your application status multiple times daily. Once a week is fine..in fact that is also a bit too much. Do not worry about you missing out on anything. IRCC always gives sufficient time for correcting and resubmitting something, just in case. Checking your status once a week should pretty much take care of it. I understand your anxiety..we are in the same boat. But, its best to get on with our lives and focus on other things.