+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied in February 2020

aby08

Oct 8, 2019
Hello! I just want to encourage everyone here to request your GCMS Notes to somehow relieve you of your worries. I received mine last Aug 25th and found out that me and my partner (OWP) were already approved last May 21st— the same day I received our biometrics correspondence letter.

To give you an idea of how long I have waited (lol), here’s my timeline:

Lodged application: February 27, 2020
Review of Eligibility: started sometime in the 1st week of March
Biometrics: March 3, 2020
Medical: January 21, 2020
Last application update: May 21, 2020
Webforms submitted: followed up for 4 times already but always received the same ‘generic’ response (Your application is still in process...)
GCMS Notes requested: August 6, 2020
GCMS Notes received: August 25, 2020

GCMS result (both for SP and OWP)

ASSESSMENT
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org. Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final: Approved
Counterfoil req: Yes

There had been no update on my CIC account even after I received the notes. I also haven’t received an AIP yet— which I don’t think I’ll be getting anytime soon. Why? Because of the travel restriction. With my program being a hybrid one, there was no way I’d be able to travel to Canada and attend my classes. In addition to that, my program’s only offered every fall so I had to defer next year so as not to lose the tuition deposit. Days after deferring, I decided to ask a friend in Canada to request the GCMS Note on my behalf.

If I were to be honest, reading the notes were really difficult ‘cause I didn’t know where I should be looking at. lol. My partner and I read the entire file— from the 1st to the 100th page (Yes. It’s a 100-pages pdf file) and we found out that aside from the biometrics correspondence letter we’ve received last May 21st, there should’ve also been an ‘Original Passport Request’ letter to be sent on that same day but it didn’t push through due to VFS still being closed. Funny how I had agonized over something I shouldn’t have. I should’ve requested the GCMS notes earlier for my own peace of mind. lol

That’s why I am suggesting you guys to get yours— especially those who had filed their application last January-March. Do yourselves a favor and don’t be like me— worrying over something that could’ve been avoided. The mental stress wasn’t worth it especially with the covid scare now. It can lower one’s immune system which isn’t really something we’d want to experience right now. But anyway, I hope everyone’s staying safe and healthy. I know that the past few months had been hard on us all but let’s keep our hopes up. Remember that storms don’t last forever and that this too shall pass. :)

Goodluck to us all! :)

P.S.: I have no idea what I should be doing nor expecting right now but for IRCC’s information and guidance, I’ve sent them a webform informing them of my deferment (defer letter and acknowledgment receipt from college). I don’t know if it will move my application but I sure hope it will so that I would know what to do next.