+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study Permit LA consulate for Fall 2013?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
scholar201 said:
Ok please prepare a draft for that letter and post here. Let me see how it works.

thanks
As all people here are not intersted in sending mail so i am starting a google word doc and share with you and molotoff1984. Inbox me your gmail adddresses

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
scholar201 said:
my id is 201scholar @ gmail.com
my id is crazytweety21@gmail.com

molotoff1984: id ?
dadadakkkk : id ?
King : id ?
Navi Rai : id ?

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Latest PAFSO NEWS
http://www.pafso-apase.com/news_releases.php?newsID=155

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
dadadakkkk said:
I also would like to sign the letter:)
your email id or you can send me mail crazytweety21@gmail.com

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
molotoff1984 said:
Will it be email or paper letter to consul?
email.

you can tell me your email id or send message to crazytweety21@gmail.com

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
odohdaniel said:
@ ssaf,
I think we should go to the Los Angeles office 1st week of August and see for ourselves, sending mail after mail will not help anyone of us. I would have gone there when my document had spent 8 weeks but have been hoping.. now that i see people with 11 weeks- i think it is best to go.
Anyone on the list who currently lives in Los Angeles or in general California area that can volunter to visit the Consulate ASAP?
I was also thinking about it. I would have gone but i live in south so anyone who lives in West coast should take the initiative and visit the LA consulate. We all can pool in for a air ticket and one person can represent our group with the letter and meet them. What do you think guys ?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
scholar201 said:
molotoff1984,

can you please share timeline for your visitor record extension application?

thanks
Visitor record was filed online and processed in Canada, not in LA.
Filed: April 5
Approved: May 15 (just on schedule)

I believe there is no consistency between timelines for study and visitor applications.

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
@ ssraf,
i just sent you a mail with the draft letter, i think we need to contact the consul general so that they can at least know we exist

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
Consular General of Canada at Los Angeles,
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90071

STUDY PERMIT APPLICATIONS PENDING AT THE LOS ANGELES OFFICE
On behalf of applicants for study permit at the Los Angeles consulate office, we are writing to your good office to come to our aid in this current period. Most of us submitted our application for study permit at various times from April until now, however even after the minimum 30 days and 8 weeks period stated on the consular website- we have still not heard anything back on our applications. We adequately understand that there exists an on-going strike action by foreign workers in Canadian missions worldwide; however some of us had our applications submitted as early as 11 weeks ago and we have not heard anything or response to our enquiries.
Most of we applicants are expected to resume the fall 2013 semester by late August to early September 2013. As it is known that we will not be able to start our various degrees without a successful study permit application, we will appreciate if you use your good office to help in addressing this situation so that we can start our various degrees in Canadian universities as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,
Study permit applicants Consulate General of Canada at Los Angeles

I JUST DRAFTED THIS LETTER, LET ME KNOW IF IT MAKES SENSE AND YOU ARE WILLING TO HAVE YOUR NAME ON THIS LETTER, GUESS IT SHOULD BE FAXED AND ALSO SENT BY COURIER....

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I added it to the spreadsheet too but I'll update here as well.

I had lost the receipt of my cashier's cheque so couldn't check if it was cashed. Today, during an unrelated business, the bank teller told me I could obtain a copy of the receipt thru the online banking system. So I did find the receipt online and have the bank check it out. They tell me it was cashed May 21st, 19 days after the consulate received the application. Makes me feel a bit better to know 'something' happenned. fingers crossed.

Dani, I think you also lost your cashier's cheque receipt, maybe you should also check if you can locate a copy online.

I live in Columbia, SC, nowhere near LA. I would have happily knocked on the embassy doors otherwise. Sorry.

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
Noone can represent a group of applicants. They will consider it as a negative thing. Further, I am not even hopeful that if someone visits visa office then it will be of any help. They already know status of all pending applications and they are deliberately not working on these applications.

I believe only hope for us is Tuesday's deadline by PAFSO. If govt. agree to start negotiations with PAFSO then it can be a good news for us. I wish everyone best of luck. Hopefully we will all receive our applications back with study permits.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013