+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study Permit LA consulate for Fall 2013?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hi scholar201

Medicals were done when I applied to extend my visitor status. No any request was sent from LA consulate

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am a Bosnian citizen and a temporary resident in the US. I got accepted to a PhD program at University of Alberta. I filed my application for a Canadian study permit on May 1st via USPS and tracking confirms the consulate at LA received it the next day. now 2,5 months later I have no information on my application whatsoever. I sent a case specific inquiry on July 3rd. I got an automated reply saying they'll send an answer to me in 28 days -no answer so far.

I know its sorta early but given what I have been reading I began to worry whether I will be able to make it to the beginning of school year (Sep 4th in my case.) I know that's some time away but it has been a longer time since my application has been with them.

Does anyone have any type of credible information? Do we know where the consulate stands as of now? I mean all of us here applied as soon as we could it seems, how can they manage the fall intake visas if they can't finish applications sent out as early as late April/early May. Please share any information you might have, I will do so myself.

Best of luck to all,

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hi filipovic,

There is no reliable information about where Consulate of LA stands now, cause they just don't provide such data (on contrary, NY Consulate gives some current state of their processing, saying which date of applications they are currently working on). All we know is obscure process times (30 days or 8 weeks) which are not confirmed by our own experience. The only thing we can do now is to collect all information we have in the single place for analysis and wait.

You are welcome to add your data here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmZuOpGyQcQYdFJ1RTBrcnlZTFNzNFhLUDJFUF9TbFE#gid=0

Thanks.

filipovic_11 said:
Hello all,

I am a Bosnian citizen and a temporary resident in the US. I got accepted to a PhD program at University of Alberta. I filed my application for a Canadian study permit on May 1st via USPS and tracking confirms the consulate at LA received it the next day. now 2,5 months later I have no information on my application whatsoever. I sent a case specific inquiry on July 3rd. I got an automated reply saying they'll send an answer to me in 28 days -no answer so far.

I know its sorta early but given what I have been reading I began to worry whether I will be able to make it to the beginning of school year (Sep 4th in my case.) I know that's some time away but it has been a longer time since my application has been with them.

Does anyone have any type of credible information? Do we know where the consulate stands as of now? I mean all of us here applied as soon as we could it seems, how can they manage the fall intake visas if they can't finish applications sent out as early as late April/early May. Please share any information you might have, I will do so myself.

Best of luck to all,

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks molotoff1984,

its one thing that they are behind on applications -and it is understandable given their issues with strike and office closures in the US- but I wish they were more transparent and provided more information. Its so frustrating that I cant plan for anything in the face of this uncertainty.

hopefully we'll get good news soon. i added my data to the spreadsheet, will keep it up to date. cheers,

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
filipovic_11

Hi welcome to the waiting club :D

I wanted to ask you how did you pay your application fees. I paid through cashier's check but till now its not cashed out. what abt you ?
I believe if your check is cleared then they have started processing your application.

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shradzsaraf said:
filipovic_11

Hi welcome to the waiting club :D

I wanted to ask you how did you pay your application fees. I paid through cashier's check but till now its not cashed out. what abt you ?
I believe if your check is cleared then they have started processing your application.
hello shraszsaraf,

i also used a cashier's check but i haven't looked up if its cashed yet. i'll try asking the bank, will let you know if I can get the info.

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
molotoff1984 said:
Hi scholar201

Medicals were done when I applied to extend my visitor status. No any request was sent from LA consulate
Hi molotoff1984,

Can you please share timelines for your visitor status extension application. I have also applied for extension on 6th of June through a paper based application but no news so far from the Viegreville.

You know applicants who applied from US even during June they have received their visas. But in our case its a very long delay and reason is best known to them.

thanks and please stay in touch.

thanks,

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
molotoff1984,filipovic,scholar201

I am writing a letter to the consul general canada in LA. Are you all willing to sign it ?
We will ask him why they are taking so much time and what is the current status of our applications. Also we have only one month left to join our classes so if they can expedite the processing we will be highly obliged.

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shradzsaraf said:
molotoff1984,filipovic,scholar201

I am writing a letter to the consul general canada in LA. Are you all willing to sign it ?
We will ask him why they are taking so much time and what is the current status of our applications. Also we have only one month left to join our classes so if they can expedite the processing we will be highly obliged.
I wrote pretty much the same thing when I sent the case specific inquiry form so I think I will hold off on that at least till the 28 day period they mentioned elapses (which would be the end of the month)

molotoff1984, scholar 201, your applications are older than mine, have you tried the case specific inquiry form? if so, were you able to get any answers?

at this point i'd settle for just having some confirmation that somebody is alive in that office!

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
filipovic_11 said:
I wrote pretty much the same thing when I sent the case specific inquiry form so I think I will hold off on that at least till the 28 day period they mentioned elapses (which would be the end of the month)

molotoff1984, scholar 201, your applications are older than mine, have you tried the case specific inquiry form? if so, were you able to get any answers?

at this point i'd settle for just having some confirmation that somebody is alive in that office!
Yes I have sent that enquiry too. I think everyone has. I am talking about sending an email to the CONSUL GENERAL of CANADA. The officer who is in charge of the entire LA office. There is a world of difference between mailing him and the case specific enquiry. We could email at his personal email address.

Whoever is in support of this kindly contact me. We cannot just sit and wait. This might take forever. if we email together, it might make some impact.

dadadakkkk

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just added my profile.
I'm in US as visitor and my representative is in CANADA.
I need to get my visa till Aug,23.
My application has received at LA on JUN,21st.

My representative send an e-mail July,8th till now got nothing

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
shradzsaraf said:
Yes I have sent that enquiry too. I think everyone has. I am talking about sending an email to the CONSUL GENERAL of CANADA. The officer who is in charge of the entire LA office. There is a world of difference between mailing him and the case specific enquiry. We could email at his personal email address.

Whoever is in support of this kindly contact me. We cannot just sit and wait. This might take forever. if we email together, it might make some impact.
Will it be email or paper letter to consul?

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
Hi All,

My representative sent a case specific inquiry to LA on 16th June. Until today (17 July, 2013) we have heard nothing from LA. So sending this case specific inquiry is useless as I have experienced. Further, writing a common letter to consulate general of Canada can also have negative impact on our applications. However, I am not sure either we should do that or not. If someone can inquire about legal aspect of doing so then it will be more appropriate. If there are no legal issues then I am ready to sign any such letter.

thanks,

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
It will be an email with our names, DOB, etc. at the bottom. We would not write anything derogatory or forceful in the letter. Just a small letter , stating our genuine problem and asking if anything can be done about it as we are all suffering because of this delay. I would make a small letter and post it here. If you all are ready to sign , let me know.