Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I am planning to apply for OINP soon and thought all those who are planning to apply in near future should connect so that we can help each other. We can also make a watsapp group. Anyone who is interested?

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OINP is closed right now.
Any news when will open again?

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably around November/ December but we can start arranging for documents if we are sure will get a letter of interest when it reopens

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
I'm gathering all my documents to create my EE profile and I'n hoping to get a letter of interest from OINP. I've read conflicting information about how the choose who to send letters, so maybe someone can guve more accurate information. In one hand, I read that they send letters to everyone who has a CRS over 400. On the other hand, I read that they do discriminate based on score, but haven't found detailes info about it. What option is right? Do they invite everyone over 400 and choose the best candidate from there?

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMTS said:
I'm gathering all my documents to create my EE profile and I'n hoping to get a letter of interest from OINP. I've read conflicting information about how the choose who to send letters, so maybe someone can guve more accurate information. In one hand, I read that they send letters to everyone who has a CRS over 400. On the other hand, I read that they do discriminate based on score, but haven't found detailes info about it. What option is right? Do they invite everyone over 400 and choose the best candidate from there?
I guess we will find out after we create EE profile and OINP reopens. What is your CRS score?

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Sheeba Bernard said:
I guess we will find out after we create EE profile and OINP reopens. What is your CRS score?
According to the CRS tool and using the grades I'm confident I'll get on my IELST next month, 431 if applying with my partner and 453 if doing it alone

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMTS said:
According to the CRS tool and using the grades I'm confident I'll get on my IELST next month, 431 if applying with my partner and 453 if doing it alone
But won't it be safer if you apply with your spouse because if you apply alone and cic finds out then it will be a case of misrepresentation?

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Sheeba Bernard said:
But won't it be safer if you apply with your spouse because if you apply alone and cic finds out then it will be a case of misrepresentation?
We are not legally married, it's a common law partnership. I do want to do it together.

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
people interested to join a watsapp group,please pm me your number and i can create a group.

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMTS said:
We are not legally married, it's a common law partnership. I do want to do it together.
It will be easier you in future if you apply together rather than applying alone and then worrying about getting PR for your partner

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have applied for OINP earlier this year... still stuck in limbo for now..

just to clarify - previously OINP invites were handed out to everyone who had a score of over 400, and had selected in their EE profile that they would like to be contacted by Ontario (or any other province for that matter) ... OINP is closed as of 16th Feb, with plans to reopen in November (according to their website)

There are lots of speculations whether OINP will increase score from 400 to 425 or something, or whether they will send invites based on NOC codes... no one knows...

apart from this - there arerumours of major changes happening in EE scoring system itself where education in canada will get them more points and also if you have siblings in canada you get more points... these are rumours still... but one thing is 90% confirmed that LMIA will have points reduced, becoz thats the biggest criticism of the EE system... apparently since this EE started, the 2 group of people who got PRs are cooks and restaurant workers :) :) which happened becoz of LMIA

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahhhhh...i really hope OINP and EE don't make major changes as my score is just 428 :-[

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also..can anyone tell that in which month are the changes expected?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheeba Bernard said:
Also..can anyone tell that in which month are the changes expected?
dont know... either october or november...

basically OINP is waiting for 2 things - the changes from the govt to the EE points system, and for OINP to get quota for 2017... once both are in place (along with their new online system) they will announce when the OINP will start giving out invites...