+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People already on job

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for posing that question Sujatha_KVR. I have asked so many people/forum and no one has any clue.

Regina, can you elaborate your answer?

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Hi there,

You need to give more info regarding your situation cause you can either apply with CEC (if you have graduated from Canadian school and currently working) or FSW (if you have mostly work experience in Canada) or PNP.

From what I read on other topics, people with a valid job offer including LMIA, they will be either ranked highest or they will get invited automatically. Im not too sure about this but they will have a higher chance basically.

Also, before EE, I think we can apply for both stream (eg: CEC and FSW) - this I know for sure. However, once you submit your EE profile on Jan 2015, it will ask you to pick 1 stream - this, I am not too sure about.

Also, if you have a permanent full time job offer (not seasonal), you can try for PNP (If you live in Ontario), other provinces, I dont know.

I would suggest have your LMIA, job offer ready as well as your language test score handy to submit for your EE profile.

That's what I know so far

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Same boat here. I am about to apply for CEC through EE. I am working under PGWP with a permanent position. I wonder how CIC officers position people with existing Canadian permanent job but without LMIA (CEC applicants don't need it anyway) against people with a non-permanent term job but with LMIA (e.g. TFW)

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I think you have all raised valid points given the little information we have from cic at the moment about the Express Entry. I just hope in the next few weeks we can get full details on specifics. Right now all I see all over this site and numerous blogs is based on personal opinion and speculation. The minister of Immigration have been very optimistic about the new program but with so little information released about it, it leaves me wondering.

I am not confident this process will be entirely smooth at the beginning. There will definitely be a few difficulties and confusion at first before we settle down.

Alot of my friends including me are all due to apply in January with a year's experience and also on PGWP.

varunj90

Sep 4, 2015
Express entry – ITA – 469 points

I got an invitation to apply and was completing my application when I realized the following in my documents to submit:

I have 2 questions:

A) Do I need a police clearance certificate from India?

I came to Canada when I was 17 and haven't stayed in any country other than Canada after. From my understanding I don't need any police clearance certificates. Is that correct?

b) OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT FORM in my application (see explanation below)

As you would see I have the following documents to submit for employment:
- Letter of employment
- Employment record
- Offer of employment

The offer of employment might have been here cause I might have said 'YES' for the question "do you have a job offer". I currently am employed and do not have a new job offer. I am confused in terms of what to submit for this section now. The requirements for the document are as follows.

Can you please guide me what exactly I should submit for this piece of requirement.

- Letter of employment – I was providing my actual job offer
- Employment record – I got another letter which has NOC , my duties, etc as per the requirement.
- Offer of employment - ????

I don't think I classify under the offer of employment section.
Also, I hope this doesn't change my points. (I already tried re-calculating and they stayed the same according to my understanding)

Would really appreciate your thoughts and help on this?

I could also write up an optional letter if you think that’s a good idea to explain my situation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varunj90 said:

I got an invitation to apply and was completing my application when I realized the following in my documents to submit:

I have 2 questions:

I came to Canada when I was 17 and haven't stayed in any country other than Canada after. From my understanding I don't need any police clearance certificates. Is that correct?

- Letter of employment
- Employment record
- Offer of employment

The offer of employment might have been here cause I might have said 'YES' for the question "do you have a job offer". I currently am employed and do not have a new job offer. I am confused in terms of what to submit for this section now. The requirements for the document are as follows.

Can you please guide me what exactly I should submit for this piece of requirement.

- Employment record – I got another letter which has NOC , my duties, etc as per the requirement.

Also, I hope this doesn't change my points. (I already tried re-calculating and they stayed the same according to my understanding)

I could also write up an optional letter if you think that's a good idea to explain my situation.
1. You don't need PCC. CIC will tell you if and when they want you to get an RCMP certificate.

2. Edit your answer to the question of having a valid job offer to No. That should be Yes only if you have an LMIA supported job. When you change it to No, these additional documentation requirements will disappear. You haven't got 600 additional points so changing the answer to No makes no difference to your application.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varunj90 said:

I have 2 questions:

- Letter of employment
- Employment record
- Offer of employment

I could also write up an optional letter if you think that's a good idea to explain my situation.
You are correct that you don't need a PCC from a country you left before your 18th birthday and have not lived in since.

You are also correct that you complicated your situation a bit by answering 'yes' to job offer and 'no' to LMIA, but don't worry, it doesn't affect your eligibility, just your paperwork. I just got PPR and I did the same thing.

For job offer: the original letter you got, however long ago, when you were offered the job. They always send you something with your starting salary, position, hours, etc. That's what you need.

For letter of employment: A letter on company letterhead detailing your position title, duties and responsibilities, hours, and pay. This is for your current job. It will give different information if you have been promoted, and the same if you are still in the same job.

Employment record: T4, NoA, pay stubs - whatever you've got to prove this is a real job you are really doing. They didn't ask for this when I applied in May, and I suspect it is now required due to new companies offering fake employment letters to applicants for a price. When you have tax forms and pay stubs, it is less likely you are just inventing the job!

It is also possible that you could just say "no" in the job offer slot on your PR application, which will make those requirements disappear. Then you can explain in a Letter of Explanation why you said yes on your EE application and no on your PR application (you didn't know they meant only jobs supported by LMIA). If you can do that, it will make life easier for you. I can't speak to its likelihood of success, as I took the first route and just provided the documents.

Good luck!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
mf4361 said:
Same boat here. I am about to apply for CEC through EE. I am working under PGWP with a permanent position. I wonder how CIC officers position people with existing Canadian permanent job but without LMIA (CEC applicants don't need it anyway) against people with a non-permanent term job but with LMIA (e.g. TFW)
Red text: The same way as no job

varunj90

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you for your quick replies : Asivad Anac and dobes

I did change the option to "No" for that question and that form option was removed :). I will send all the proofs that you guys mentioned along with a letter telling them.

Also for police certificates: since it's a required field - what should I upload for that section ? Given that I'm not required to send one

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varunj90 said:
Thank you for your quick replies : Asivad Anac and dobes

I did change the option to "No" for that question and that form option was removed :). I will send all the proofs that you guys mentioned along with a letter telling them.

Also for police certificates: since it's a required field - what should I upload for that section ? Given that I'm not required to send one
If it is a mandatory placeholder, upload a short note that explains your situation and why you aren't required to submit a PCC.

varunj90

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks Asivad, I just received an email from a lawyer saying the following:

To our understanding, police clearances are not required from India.
Re: offer letter, if the information was misrepresented in the profile, that would like to the refusal of the PR application. We recommend declining the invitation to apply and applying again.

Thoughts?

varunj90

Sep 4, 2015
To add to that, this is the information from the cic website:

Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence.

If your recalculated score is less than the lowest score in your round of invitations for an Invitation to Apply, you should decline the invitation.

Warning: In this case, if you decide to apply, we may refuse your application and will not refund your application fee.

Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offer
you no longer have a provincial nomination
your language test scores have expired, or you re-took them and they are lower
Find out how to re-calculate your score.

Declining an Invitation to Apply
If you decline an invitation, you will be put back into the Express Entry pool of candidates (as long as you still meet the minimum criteria) to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

You may have to take steps to be considered again for the pool. For example, if you got additional points for a job offer but the job is no longer available to you, you may need to get another job offer. Or, if you got married or entered into a common-law relationship, you will have to update your Express Entry profile.

There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again. But, if you choose to re-enter the pool, declining an invitation will not have a negative effect on whether or not you could be invited to apply later.

If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 60 days, the invitation will expire and you will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

Your original profile information will stay in your MyCIC account for 60 days. After that, it will be deleted. To re-enter the pool, you will have to complete a new profile and still meet the minimum criteria.

In such a scenario should I:

- decline offer and apply again (since my scoe is 469 chances are low to get another ITA soon)

OR

- let it say i have a job offer (as my original profile- this way my application is valid) - but i send a letter that i misinterpreted the "job offer"

OR

- remove job offer from current application, this way i won't have that form required, and write a letter indicating that.

PLEASE HELP !!

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
varunj90 said:
Thanks Asivad, I just received an email from a lawyer saying the following:

To our understanding, police clearances are not required from India.
Re: offer letter, if the information was misrepresented in the profile, that would like to the refusal of the PR application. We recommend declining the invitation to apply and applying again.

Thoughts?
I had the same issue before. I moved from my home country when i was 16. However, on my applicaion checklist CIC has asked me to upload PCC for Russia.
I have called CIC, explained situation and they said to write a letter of explanation saying that you moved when you were 16 and you never lived there for over 6 month since then. Upload stamps from your passport+ study permit to show CIC when exactly you moved. So I did that and never had any issues with it.They didnt ask for RCMP check either.
Already got my PPR