+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pennsylvania traffic violation 3714a(careless driving in USA) equivalence in Canada and am I admissible for a PR.

edookati

Nov 9, 2020
I've a given a careless driving ticket in the state of Pennsylvania, USA for speeding. This is different from reckless driving which is a misdemeanor. This is the only thing I've on my driving record and there are no traffic traffic or any violations on my name here in USA or any other country.

Will this one stupid mistake of speeding when there was not a single vehicle on the road during lockdown(pandemic) except for the the super cop camouflaging in the bushes make me inadmissible to apply Canada PR?

Reckless driving:
Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

Careless driving:
Any person who drives a vehicle in careless disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of careless driving, a summary offense.

Reactions: dedman

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I've a given a careless driving ticket in the state of Pennsylvania, USA for speeding. This is different from reckless driving which is a misdemeanor. This is the only thing I've on my driving record and there are no traffic traffic or any violations on my name here in USA or any other country.

Will this one stupid mistake of speeding when there was not a single vehicle on the road during lockdown(pandemic) except for the the super cop camouflaging in the bushes make me inadmissible to apply Canada PR?

Reckless driving:
Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

Careless driving:
Any person who drives a vehicle in careless disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of careless driving, a summary offense.
A speeding ticket shouldn't have an impact unless you were going so fast (I believe in most US states - 30+ miles over the limit) that you were arrested. That's a criminal offense (reckless driving) and can certainly impact your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Careless driving is not a criminal offence. Careless driving is an offence under provincial traffic acts. Dangerous/reckless driving is a federal criminal offence. What does your offence state careless or reckless?