+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending Criminal Charges within Canada & PGWP application

Fafrukh

Feb 19, 2020
Hey guys, so I was charged with an assault inside Canada, but the charge is still pending without any conviction. I have also been offered a conditional discharge. I have read that immigration does not render you inadmissible to Canada with a pending charge nor with a conditional discharge. I just recently graduated and went outside Canada. Now I wanna apply for my post-graduate work permit, can someone guide me if I can get the pgwp? Do I need to provide some additional info to IRCC since there is no conviction?

Thanks for helping

Singh0987

Aug 2, 2023
Hey guys, so I was charged with an assault inside Canada, but the charge is still pending without any conviction. I have also been offered a conditional discharge. I have read that immigration does not render you inadmissible to Canada with a pending charge nor with a conditional discharge. I just recently graduated and went outside Canada. Now I wanna apply for my post-graduate work permit, can someone guide me if I can get the pgwp? Do I need to provide some additional info to IRCC since there is no conviction?

Thanks for helping
Got your pgwp or not?