Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/09/2016
Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my application under PNP - PEI in September.

Just wanted to know how much time its take for process?

Thanks & Regards
Rajeev

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Submitted the application or sent an email of interest?

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
I know couple of people around me, who have received emails that their quota for certain NOCs is full. There applications will be processed in Jan 2017, when quota will be available again for 1200 applications.

Also, you will most likely need a job offer from PEI employer to increase your chances.

rajiv_1607

Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/09/2016
Hi,

Thanks! for the response.
Agreed that a job offer from the PEI employer increases the chances of getting selected for PNP, however i have applied for many job offers the response is that they prefer locals & immigrants present in PEI itself. How are we then suppose to qualify then.

My NOC-0122

Regards
Rajeev

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajiv_1607 said:
Hi,

Thanks! for the response.
Agreed that a job offer from the PEI employer increases the chances of getting selected for PNP, however i have applied for many job offers the response is that they prefer locals & immigrants present in PEI itself. How are we then suppose to qualify then.

My NOC-0122

Regards
Rajeev
That's true; many jobs I was not eligible to apply as they hire only Canadian or Permanent Resident of Canada. Getting a job offer I would say very tough and rare without that status. I got the impression the provinces block people through this requirement.

rajiv_1607

Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/09/2016
Hi Guys,

Any idea when is next draw for PEI PNP?

Thnx

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajiv_1607 said:
Hi Guys,

Any idea when is next draw for PEI PNP?

Thnx
They don't have a draw. Send then an expression of interest email. If they want you they will contact you.

rajiv_1607

Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/09/2016
Thnx Kryt0n

Already got EOI from them. So whats the next step?
They will contact me or should mail them to know whether file is under process or not?

Regards

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajiv_1607 said:
Thnx Kryt0n

Already got EOI from them. So whats the next step?
They will contact me or should mail them to know whether file is under process or not?

Regards
EOI is sent by you. They send you ITA Invitation to apply and you have to apply paying the fees. Have you already applied?

rajiv_1607

Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/09/2016
Still waiting for ITA. Any idea how long does it take approximately for ITA to be issued?
EOI was lodged on of 3rd September 2016.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajiv_1607 said:
Still waiting for ITA. Any idea how long does it take approximately for ITA to be issued?
EOI was lodged on of 3rd September 2016.
I think it's like a job application. If they want you they will call you, if not, they will never contact you.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
What to do if someone has a tough time in finding job (IT) in provinces like PEI, NB, NS? Provinces like NB seem to have very strict intent to reside clause, and they for sure won't like someone moving out even if someone proves that no jobs were available. Although there is a argument that a PR could move anywhere, a day is not far where even the Canadian govt. gets stricter on this seeing constant abuse on people jumping provinces.

I definitely understand that initial struggle would be there in any province for landing in a proper job, but these three provinces seem to have very little contribution to the Canadian economy (less than 2%), and I am not sure how far one would be able to stretch even with $20 or $30k CAD that one brings in as funds to get a job related to their profession in provinces with limited scope for job creation itself. In job portals only handful of jobs (only between 10 - 200) are getting listed even for common skill sets like SQL, Java.

Anyone two cents or experiences? What are plans of people who are seeking nomination from these provinces?

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
What to do if someone has a tough time in finding job (IT) in provinces like PEI, NB, NS? Provinces like NB seem to have very strict intent to reside clause, and they for sure won't like someone moving out even if someone proves that no jobs were available. Although there is a argument that a PR could move anywhere, a day is not far where even the Canadian govt. gets stricter on this seeing constant abuse on people jumping provinces.

I definitely understand that initial struggle would be there in any province for landing in a proper job, but these three provinces seem to have very little contribution to the Canadian economy (less than 2%), and I am not sure how far one would be able to stretch even with $20 or $30k CAD that one brings in as funds to get a job related to their profession in provinces with limited scope for job creation itself. In job portals only handful of jobs (only between 10 - 200) are getting listed even for common skill sets like SQL, Java.

Anyone two cents or experiences? What are plans of people who are seeking nomination from these provinces?
I was in a same situation as yours. I don't like the 20-30 K job either, but I had no other option.

I would suggest:

- If you CRS of 470+, then don't apply for PNPs.
- If your score is lower than 470, then I would check PNPs in the following order (based on IT industry):
- Ontario
- British Columbia
- Alberta
- Mon Projet Quebec (Year long process)
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Manitoba
- Saskatchewan
- Prince Edward Island (Mostly Call Centers)
- Newfoundland (Mostly Call Centers)
- and Lastly, Northern Territories....Yukon, NWT and Nunavut. (Close to None IT Industry)

Check this post for PNPs - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Specterz said:
I was in a same situation as yours. I don't like the 20-30 K job either, but I had no other option.

I would suggest:

- If you CRS of 470+, then don't apply for PNPs.
- If your score is lower than 470, then I would check PNPs in the following order (based on IT industry):
- Ontario
- British Columbia
- Alberta
- Mon Projet Quebec (Year long process)
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Manitoba
- Saskatchewan
- Prince Edward Island (Mostly Call Centers)
- Newfoundland (Mostly Call Centers)
- and Lastly, Northern Territories....Yukon, NWT and Nunavut. (Close to None IT Industry)

Check this post for PNPs - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html
See when I get to Canada I would LOVE a 30k salary. It will be a HUGE loss compared to my salary now but I'm prepared to start again with a new company and work my way up, as well as living in such a beautiful country. Completely outweighs the financial side. I'd work twice as hard as I do here for half the cash.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
kryt0n said:
See when I get to Canada I would LOVE a 30k salary. It will be a HUGE loss compared to my salary now but I'm prepared to start again with a new company and work my way up, as well as living in such a beautiful country. Completely outweighs the financial side. I'd work twice as hard as I do here for half the cash.
Salary, however low, would not be an issue to start with as long as it is in your profession. Would be okay to work in a completely unrelated low skilled profession for that salary? That would set back your career big time. Also provinces like NB does not mention the number of years they want you to give commitment in the intent to reside form. It could theoretically be interpreted as something as long as you get citizenship. Would be okay to stick to that unrelated low skilled profession (or province) for all those 5 or 6 years?