Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
New requirement for PGWP holders:

If you are currently working in PEI on a post-graduate open work permit, you must satisfy the following conditions prior to applying:

- Have at least 4 months of full-time experience working for the PEI employer, and
- Have at least 4 months remaining before the expiration of your work permit at the time of submitting an application to the Province.

If you are currently in Canada, you must be here legally. This means that if you are in Canada on a study permit and you are not studying, you are not eligible to apply.

Link - https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/office-immigration/pei-express-entry

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
If you have a file number from PEI PNP, then old rules apply.

If you are new applicant, or just have the EOI submitted, if will effective you.

BTW, it's only for PGWP holders.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Specterz said:

If you are new applicant, or just have the EOI submitted, if will effective you.

I know bunch of people who submitted the EOI end of November, most of them have got their application numbers, they are good. Couple of them haven't got one yet. I believe they should be fine as well. It should be for the applicants who will apply going forward.

NikhilSh

Jul 31, 2011
Specterz said:

Hey there, I need some guidance. I sent an EOI last week and today got a reply from them, saying I need to submit a formal application because I am currently employed full-time in PEI. I work as an Integration Engineer, my profile on EE meets the requirements for CEC only! MY CRS is 440. I have been working in PEI for only 6 months, before that I was working in Nova Scotia for 8 months. I am on a PGWP, but I did my bachelors in Nova Scotia. I am new to the whole EE game, and would like to know if anyone knows why they are asking me to submit an application. It also says in the end of the email that the Canadian Work Experience must be obtained in PEI to be eligible for PEI Experience Class. Does it mean a full 1 year experience in PEI?

Thanks for any help!