+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Peculiar Situation................

AmitH

Apr 18, 2009
Well , I have searched and searched but I did not find any topic similar to this. My brother went to Canada On a study Visa back in 2005 Now we have recieved PR (the whole family) But we have to be present at the port of entry to get Full PR status a SIN Number . But my brother is already there . Does he has to leave Canada to get his PR or is there any other way....................

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No he doesn't have to leave Canada, just let him contact the call center to get an appointment for the landing from within canada.

this is the number: 1 888 242‑2100 (from within canada only)

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Processed in BIQ Hong Kong)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2006 for Québec and 13-08-2008 for Federal
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
14-08-2008 as per CSQ received on 28-05-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
21-06-2007 in BIQ Hong Kong Waived for Singapore
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
AmitH said:
Well , I have searched and searched but I did not find any topic similar to this. My brother went to Canada On a study Visa back in 2005 Now we have recieved PR (the whole family) But we have to be present at the port of entry to get Full PR status a SIN Number . But my brother is already there . Does he has to leave Canada to get his PR or is there any other way....................

professional 1 said:
No he doesn't have to leave Canada, just let him contact the call center to get an appointment for the landing from within canada.

I do not agree with professional 1. If your brother is not the "Principal Applicant", then he must leave Canada and re enter as a PR.

It is clearly mentioned that...Permanent Resident Visas will be processed by an Immigration Officer at the place where you enter Canada, such as an International Airport or a Border Crossing between Canada and the United States. If you have a dependent living temporarily in Canada as a student or with a work permit he or she must leave Canada and re enter to present their visa to an Immigration Officer. Remember, no dependent can become Permanent Resident in Canada before the Principal Applicant.

Thank you.

AmitH

Apr 18, 2009
Thank You Sirs I would take up the matter with my Brother and inform you what happened.............
Thanks again

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sohel09 said:
AmitH said:

professional 1 said:

I do not agree with professional 1. If your brother is not the "Principal Applicant", then he must leave Canada and re enter as a PR.

It is clearly mentioned that...Permanent Resident Visas will be processed by an Immigration Officer at the place where you enter Canada, such as an International Airport or a Border Crossing between Canada and the United States. If you have a dependent living temporarily in Canada as a student or with a work permit he or she must leave Canada and re enter to present their visa to an Immigration Officer. Remember, no dependent can become Permanent Resident in Canada before the Principal Applicant.

Thank you.

Yes he can't land before the principal applicant but there are no rules prevent him from landing after the principal applicant as long as his immigration visa is valid, therefore, he still can do the landing from within canada after the principal applicant arrive.

Can I land in Canada before the rest of my family?

If you are the principal applicant, you may obtain your permanent resident status in Canada before the other members of your family. The members of your family included in your application may enter Canada with you or after you, within the validity indicated on the visa, but cannot enter Canada before the principal applicant.

the source :

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/syria-syrie/visas/faq.aspx?lang=eng#thirteen13