+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Peace bond impact on PR application

Dec 6, 2020
Do not worry about what comes and doesn't come in your RCMP background check. As long as you are being truthful in your application and had submitted all the required documents you will be off the hook. Now it's the visa officer's job to go through your application and find any inadmissible issue if you have any. Since you are not convicted you will be alright as long as the inadmissible issue goes. Now all you can do is wait and hope your application doesn't get rejected for any other issues and get approved accordingly.
hello... I am going to apply for my study permit with my peace bond...so should I need to tell embassy about my peace bond..?..please help

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
hello... I am going to apply for my study permit with my peace bond...so should I need to tell embassy about my peace bond..?..please help
You should be truthful throughout your application. Peace bond will not have any negative effects on your study permit, hence your application will be fine. And you don’t need to tell your embassy about it, just mention it on your application with a copy of your peace bond if you have it. Write a LOE explaining the whole situation if you’d like along with your application.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020
You should be truthful throughout your application. Peace bond will not have any negative effects on your study permit, hence your application will be fine. And you don’t need to tell your embassy about it, just mention it on your application with a copy of your peace bond if you have it. Write a LOE explaining the whole situation if you’d like along with your application.
thanks for advice

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
Hey
Peace bond won’t impact your immigration application as long as you follow the terms of the peace bond . One more complain from her and you will be done for good so be wise with your actions.
once your peace bond expires you Have to visit the local police station and fill in applicationwith your peace bond details.

follow this link as you will need it closer to the expiry of your peace bond
https://stepstojustice.ca/steps/4-try-get-your-fingerprints-and-photos-erased

Remember- it is not about what you did or she/he did because at the end it comes to what you can prove in the court.

good luck and be safe

Rashpal2555

Jun 10, 2021
Hi, i had one assault charge which was withdrawn after entering a peace bond. I got my RCMP check done and under crimnal record it shows “Assault SEC 266 C withdrawn and SEC 810 CC Peace bond for 12 months”.

is it considered a criminal record and after i submit this to IRCC will it affect my PR application negatively?

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi, i had one assault charge which was withdrawn after entering a peace bond. I got my RCMP check done and under crimnal record it shows “Assault SEC 266 C withdrawn and SEC 810 CC Peace bond for 12 months”.

is it considered a criminal record and after i submit this to IRCC will it affect my PR application negatively?
did you got any reply

Jun 16, 2021
on my first court date i did not get discloser . may be will get in next court date
Hello Sahil,

I have also applied for my PR and facing the same problem as you about the charges. Can you help me and guide me through the process as my RCNP is done a long time ago and I am waiting for medical but I have some charges will that affect my application?

lko

Mar 17, 2021
Hi,

My husband signed a peace bond few days back which will expire next year. We have already applied for PR (online under Express Entry) under CEC. Any idea whether or not this would affect PR decision?
Can you please tell me if you get the PR? I am also in similar situation.

J4364

Aug 28, 2021

Hey bro. My friend in a similar situation.
Any update with your case?

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
Hey bro. My friend in a similar situation.
Any update with your case?
hey
YES it is criminal offence but the stays is withdrawan so it’s all good and won’t impact your application as long as terms of peace bond are met . A criminal offence would either be convicted, abs or cond discharged , withdraw, stayed or suspended.
Once you complete your peace bond successfully you have to go to Local police headquarters and fill up the application requesting them to delete your photos, finger print and records. Until that is done you will always be flagged by RCMP. Now that you are in the RCMP record border crossing to USA wil be a hurdle and they will see it and question you and make a lifetime record

so if the local police will accept your request and delete all your records then that will reflect in RCMP DATABASE.
Open the link and click on the link for request form . Page 2 will give you information about your status
https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/services/Criminal-Record-Destruction.aspx

hope that helps