+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Peace bond a conviction?

Lizzy544444

Jan 6, 2022
Is a peace bond a criminal conviction? I have an expired peace bond and was recently asked to submit court documents, a police report and an explanation. I will submit all of these but I was wondering if it’s also okay to just submit the peace bond? Has anyone else been in a similar situation. I am also going to apply to have my fingerprints and photo erased.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is a peace bond a criminal conviction? I have an expired peace bond and was recently asked to submit court documents, a police report and an explanation. I will submit all of these but I was wondering if it’s also okay to just submit the peace bond? Has anyone else been in a similar situation. I am also going to apply to have my fingerprints and photo erased.
Submit everything they have asked for, not just the peace bond.

Reactions: harshp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply, I will do that.
My concerns are, is an expired peace bond a conviction or something that will affect this process?
It shouldn't be regarded as a conviction. However you definitely want to provide them with all of the documents they are requesting. Holding back on documents will slow things down, not speed them up.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi, my friend had 3 discharged peace bonds and never disclosed any of them to IRCC , its not a conviction nor do you have to disclose it since its not a criminal conviction. Your record will be clear. A Peace Bond is simply a promise to keep the peace for a year, nothing more...its not even a conditional sentence, its not even a glitch on your record.

PHALOS

Reactions: Lizzy544444

Lizzy544444

Jan 6, 2022
Hi Phalos,

thank you for your response. Did your friend have their fingerprints and photo destructed before applying?

Hi, my friend had 3 discharged peace bonds and never disclosed any of them to IRCC , its not a conviction nor do you have to disclose it since its not a criminal conviction. Your record will be clear. A Peace Bond is simply a promise to keep the peace for a year, nothing more...its not even a conditional sentence, its not even a glitch on your record.

PHALOS

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi Phalos,

thank you for your response. Did your friend have their fingerprints and photo destructed before applying?
Nope! Those fingerprints can only be used and accessed by police only for criminal investigations. Like say there was a murder and police got prints off the murder weapon so they run those prints in the system against all known prints.
The police have no right to disclose arrest records, prints, DNA, etc to third parties such as ircc, employers, etc Why? Because you have NOT been found guilty of anything.
Even I know my friend crosses USA border with zero issues having been arrested 3-4 times and Peace Bonded 3 times...because never found guilty or convicted.
There is still a law that says innocent until proven guilty.
A peace bond is not an admission of guilt, it is a deal that prosecutors use when they feel they don't have a good case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lizzy544444

Lizzy544444

Jan 6, 2022
Thanks a lot!

Nope! Those fingerprints can only be used and accessed by police only for criminal investigations. Like say there was a murder and police got prints off the murder weapon so they run those prints in the system against all known prints.
The police have no right to disclose arrest records, prints, DNA, etc to third parties such as ircc, employers, etc Why? Because you have NOT been found guilty of anything.
Even I know my friend crosses USA border with zero issues having been arrested 3-4 times and Peace Bonded 3 times...because never found guilty or convicted.
There is still a law that says innocent until proven guilty.
A peace bond is not an admission of guilt, it is a deal that prosecutors use when they feel they don't have a good case.

Lizzy544444

Jan 6, 2022
Update: I got my PR portal on January 12th. For anyone anxious with a peace bond, whether it’s expired or active, it will be okay.

Zeeshaan10

Aug 31, 2021
Thanks for your reply, I will do that.
My concerns are, is an expired peace bond a conviction or something that will affect this process?
If Your Peace Bond Expired That Means your Case And Probation Time Is Over And Case Also Dismissed and it Will Not Effect Anything To Your Any Processing.....

Zeeshaan10

Aug 31, 2021
Update: I got my PR portal on January 12th. For anyone anxious with a peace bond, whether it’s expired or active, it will be okay.
First Of All Congratulations!
Can You Provide Details, Like When Did you Applied PR? When Did You Give Fingerprint And Photos? When Did You Involved In Peace Bond Plz Provide In Details So Many Friends Here Can Get Help And Relax With Similar Situations.. Thanks

FlyHigh!

Apr 21, 2021
Hello all, got arrested in 2019 charged with simple assault got peace bond in 2021 the same year I got eligible to apply for citizenship. Started application sent peace bond along with the application in May 2021. In July 2021 got confirmation that they recieved my application. In Dec 2021 got instructions to provide finger prints. In Jan 2022 got my citizenship test done. In May 2022 recieved notice to appear for oath ceremony and today peace bond got expired and applied for the passport as well. Need to get finger prints and mug shot destroyed.