+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCCs that have expired

Aranaszek

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I have applied under FSW last year, but didn't make it. Now I plan to submit my application and I would like to make sure that I have correctly understood what CIC says about PCC.

Initially, I have obtained 3 certificates last year from countries where I have been living and they will expire in the next two days (1 year have almost passed). Therefore, I renewed the police certifiace from the country where I live now. To sum up, I plan to send 2 PCCs that will be a bit more then 1 year old (I haven't been in those countries for more then a week since requsting them) and the fresh one from the current place. Is that allright or do I also need to renew the remaining ones?

Thanks!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
You should be fine.

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply."

"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

So if you haven't spend more than 6 months in a row in the two countries where you previously lived, the certificates will be accepted.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp