+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCCs request but already filed

Endthisplease

Apr 5, 2016
Hello fellows

Few weeks ago I was requested to send PCC's by email. I had already sent required PCC's shortly after I sent my application, and following CIC guidelines they should still be valid (they say in their web page that "PCC must be issued after the last time you lived in that country") I have been living in Canada since I applied, so I just sent them scanned copies of the original PCC's. After that I received the automatic response to that mail, but nothing else so far.

For those of you who have been requested to email PCC's but have already sent them before, what did you do? did you get new PCC's or sent the original/old ones?

I'd appreciate some feedback here. I am worried now.

Thanks!!!

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Endthisplease said:
Few weeks ago I was requested to send PCC's by email. I had already sent required PCC's shortly after I sent my application, and following CIC guidelines they should still be valid (they say in their web page that "PCC must be issued after the last time you lived in that country") I have been living in Canada since I applied, so I just sent them scanned copies of the original PCC's. After that I received the automatic response to that mail, but nothing else so far.
Thanks!!!
Just submit a new one. The thing is that sometimes crimes can surface much later after you have already left your home country.

Endthisplease

Apr 5, 2016
Just submit a new one. The thing is that sometimes crimes can surface much later after you have already left your home country.
Not that easy for me (and my family), to get them (not only one...) I would need to spend a lot of money, cross the country, be absent from my work, get someone to help me in a third country where I don't have family and barely know people.... Also I am following their rules and guidelines...

Anyone got positive results sending the old ones? :'(

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Endthisplease said:
Not that easy for me (and my family), to get them (not only one...) I would need to spend a lot of money, cross the country, be absent from my work, get someone to help me in a third country where I don't have family and barely know people.... Also I am following their rules and guidelines...
CIC doesn't care. If they want new ones, they want new ones. Sorry, mate.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Endthisplease said:

Anyone got positive results sending the old ones? :'(
What country pcc are you looking for ?

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Endthisplease said:
I would need Brazil, Argentina and France
To be honest,,,,i lived in Europe too and i submit mine with application.They did not ask me. I guess you don't have to submit if u have not travelled back to those countries during application process.
It make sense if you would visited back to above countries.

Might just email back or confirm with CIC.

I believe you can apply online as well if they do ask you .

joelkhor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
I am in a similar situation as the OP. A few weeks ago CIC requested for my wife's police certs from Vietnam and China even though we already sent them in when we submitted our application for PR. So anyways, they claimed that they did not ever received the China cert but in GCMS notes, it clearly says that they did receive it on 15th January 2015. And now they are telling me that they never received it. Obviously they lost it and now refusing to admit their mistake. Called them and the lady on the phone was very passive aggressive and refuse to just call the processing office to find out what happened to the China cert and she kept insisting I send them an email instead. But they take at least 20 days to reply to emails, sometimes never. So what's the point of the call centre?

So anyways, I have reapplied for the PCCs and now waiting for them to be sent back to Canada. My question is, should I mail them the original or send it to them by email? Because they take at least 20 days for them to read their emails.

Endthisplease

Apr 5, 2016
I am in a similar situation as the OP. A few weeks ago CIC requested for my wife's police certs from Vietnam and China even though we already sent them in when we submitted our application for PR. So anyways, they claimed that they did not ever received the China cert but in GCMS notes, it clearly says that they did receive it on 15th January 2015. And now they are telling me that they never received it. Obviously they lost it and now refusing to admit their mistake. Called them and the lady on the phone was very passive aggressive and refuse to just call the processing office to find out what happened to the China cert and she kept insisting I send them an email instead. But they take at least 20 days to reply to emails, sometimes never. So what's the point of the call centre?

So anyways, I have reapplied for the PCCs and now waiting for them to be sent back to Canada. My question is, should I mail them the original or send it to them by email? Because they take at least 20 days for them to read their emails.
Did they specify they didn't have the PCCs in the request? or did you have to investigate the reason for yourself? Didn't you have a scanned copy you could send them?

joelkhor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Endthisplease said:
Did they specify they didn't have the PCCs in the request? or did you have to investigate the reason for yourself? Didn't you have a scanned copy you could send them?
Yea they said that they did not receive the China PCC and the Vietnam one was the wrong type. The thing is, they were both received by CIC at the same time and there's GCMS to prove it. And CIC could have inform me earlier that the Vietnam PCC was the wrong type instead of telling me this now when everything is almost done and work permit almost expiring. I decided to get new ones in case CIC wants the original. And they still have not replied to my email so there's no way I can find out if they want the original or scanned copy is fine.

My dilemma now is when I get the new PCCs, should I send them the original or scan and email?? In the request email, CIC said to submit the requested documents via email, however I don't trust CIC to read their emails and it could take over a month before they even see it. So should I send the originals then since it might be faster for them to receive it?