+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pcc

determinator

Jun 6, 2013
Hi
How are you all.
We submitted police clearance at the time of immigration i mean at PR before landing for all addresses since we were 18....now i m 38.....i read in the form of citizenship that if you submitted already at immigration you did not require it again....is that correct....

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi
How are you all.
We submitted police clearance at the time of immigration i mean at PR before landing for all addresses since we were 18....now i m 38.....i read in the form of citizenship that if you submitted already at immigration you did not require it again....is that correct....
DEPENDS.

If you have not been back to that country since landing, no need to submit another police clearance with the CURRENT citizenship application. There have been TWO new versions of the application forms already this year, one of which changed criteria for who must submit a police clearance. So this is something that can change with little or no notice. Always use the most current forms and follow the most current instructions.

If otherwise you have not been in that country for 183 or more days in a row during the last four years, no police certificate would be needed.

There are other variations in circumstances. The pdf version of the application has a drop down help which provides a number of examples of situations in which a police certificate needs to be submitted WITH the application, and some examples of scenarios in which no clearance needs to be submitted.

Each individual needs to read and follow the instructions according to the particular facts and circumstances in their OWN specific situation . . . and again, this is something which can easily change, so be sure to use the most current forms.

ALSO BE AWARE THAT IRCC CAN, of course, OTHERWISE STILL LATER REQUEST A POLICE CLEARANCE. This probably does not happen often but if IRCC perceives the possibility the applicant may have criminal charges in some other country, of course IRCC can request further information or documentation from the applicant in order to verify there is no applicable prohibition. (The few reports of this tend to be requests for U.S. FBI clearance. Which makes sense because many immigrants travel to the U.S. often and quite a few have significant ongoing ties there. And of course there is the possibility of a U.S. name-record hit due to similar name and other identifying information . . . the GCMS background check will ordinarily screen for name-record hits in the U.S. NCIC/FBI databases along with RCMP name-record databases as well.)

determinator

Jun 6, 2013
DEPENDS.

If you have not been back to that country since landing, no need to submit another police clearance with the CURRENT citizenship application. There have been TWO new versions of the application forms already this year, one of which changed criteria for who must submit a police clearance. So this is something that can change with little or no notice. Always use the most current forms and follow the most current instructions.

If otherwise you have not been in that country for 183 or more days in a row during the last four years, no police certificate would be needed.

There are other variations in circumstances. The pdf version of the application has a drop down help which provides a number of examples of situations in which a police certificate needs to be submitted WITH the application, and some examples of scenarios in which no clearance needs to be submitted.

Each individual needs to read and follow the instructions according to the particular facts and circumstances in their OWN specific situation . . . and again, this is something which can easily change, so be sure to use the most current forms.

ALSO BE AWARE THAT IRCC CAN, of course, OTHERWISE STILL LATER REQUEST A POLICE CLEARANCE. This probably does not happen often but if IRCC perceives the possibility the applicant may have criminal charges in some other country, of course IRCC can request further information or documentation from the applicant in order to verify there is no applicable prohibition. (The few reports of this tend to be requests for U.S. FBI clearance. Which makes sense because many immigrants travel to the U.S. often and quite a few have significant ongoing ties there. And of course there is the possibility of a U.S. name-record hit due to similar name and other identifying information . . . the GCMS background check will ordinarily screen for name-record hits in the U.S. NCIC/FBI databases along with RCMP name-record databases as well.)
I spent last 3 years continuous in canada and I spent more than 183 days continous before landing but this is the fourth year....i had already provided pcc for that period...
than as it is wrote in the form of citizenship that if you submitted already at immigration you did not require it again....is that correct....
I landed in september and i submitted pcc in june