+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC

jaschaggar

Mar 8, 2017
Hi Guys

So i received my ITA late February and have been collecting docs since . I was in Canada at the time the ITA came and hence applied for the PCC at the consulate there and received the same within 2 weeks. Now i have had to return to India , do i need to apply for the PCC again?

Please advise

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
jaschaggar said:
Hi Guys

So i received my ITA late February and have been collecting docs since . I was in Canada at the time the ITA came and hence applied for the PCC at the consulate there and received the same within 2 weeks. Now i have had to return to India , do i need to apply for the PCC again?

Please advise
Yes.

jaschaggar

Mar 8, 2017
Thanks

Just to be clear , i will be filing my application shortly , isnt the PCC from the embassy valid for a year or so ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
jaschaggar said:
Thanks

Just to be clear , i will be filing my application shortly , isnt the PCC from the embassy valid for a year or so ?
It valid for a year if you do not visit the country. As soon as you visit the country again after your PCC was issued, your PCC becomes invalid irrespective of the date it was issued.

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
The requirements about PCC from CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp):

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.

I think as long as your PCC was issued less than six months ago when you submit your EE application, you should be fine.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Caesarpy said:
The requirements about PCC from CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp):

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.

I think as long as your PCC was issued less than six months ago when you submit your EE application, you should be fine.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/question-about-pcc-validity-if-you-revisit-a-country-t479352.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-is-my-pcc-still-valid-will-cic-reject-it-after-ita-help-please-t460923.0.html

jaschaggar

Mar 8, 2017
Thanks Maverick and Caesarpy

I am really confused here . I do not intend to go out of India before submitting my application now , since the PCC issued from the embassy is less than 6 months old wouldnt it be valid ?

Asking again because i visited the SSP office to get a new PCC and they refused saying my passport was already stamped and i dont need to do anything

Just really worried now

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Please address my query:

I went to the DC Office Mohali, Punjab for PCC. They said as my duration of stay in Mohali is less than 6 months I will have to first get the PCC from Shimla as the address on my passport is of Shimla. I wrote the application for the same and my father went on my behalf to get it from the DC Office Shimla. I got the PCC from shimla district and they have made it till date 26-04-2017.

My question is :
- As my parents have also moved from this address to some other place, I hope this will not be an issue?
- Do I still need to get a PCC from Mohali now?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
iverma said:
Please address my query:

I went to the DC Office Mohali, Punjab for PCC. They said as my duration of stay in Mohali is less than 6 months I will have to first get the PCC from Shimla as the address on my passport is of Shimla. I wrote the application for the same and my father went on my behalf to get it from the DC Office Shimla. I got the PCC from shimla district and they have made it till date 26-04-2017.

My question is :
- As my parents have also moved from this address to some other place, I hope this will not be an issue?
- Do I still need to get a PCC from Mohali now?
You need to get a PCC from PSK since you have lived in multiple cities in India. Shimla PCC is valid for only your stay in Shimla. Mohali will be valid only for stay in Mohali. And you need 1 PCC from a country. Best bet would be to get it from PSK. No hassle.

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Maverick28 said:
You need to get a PCC from PSK since you have lived in multiple cities in India. Shimla PCC is valid for only your stay in Shimla. Mohali will be valid only for stay in Mohali. And you need 1 PCC from a country. Best bet would be to get it from PSK. No hassle.

But my consultant is saying I have to get PCC from every place I have stayed.
That is going to be too much as for most of the places we stay on rent, we dnt even have an address proof.

Also, he said dat Canada doesn't need the one from PSK but the paper one.

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please help me understand...Once i have submitted my documents while i am staying in UAE, with PCC from UAE & India, i am not allowed to go back to India for a month. I understand that the PCC is for places you have been over 6 months soo once you have obtained Indian PCC, isnt is ok to go for short visit as long as it doesnt hit 6 months?? ???

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
iverma said:
But my consultant is saying I have to get PCC from every place I have stayed.
That is going to be too much as for most of the places we stay on rent, we dnt even have an address proof.

Also, he said dat Canada doesn't need the one from PSK but the paper one.
Well in that case you should consider getting rid of your consultant.

You need just 1 PCC from a country. For India, if you get it from PSK, it will cover all the cities you have lived in India. And it will cost your just Rs. 500 and 30 minutes of your time.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
I second that, I also spent almost 1000 INR to get the PCC from the local Police, when I realised that the one from PSK is needed (from people who have already completed their PR process). So I had to spend another 500 + 500 (if you know what i mean) to apply for PCC via PSK.

I am also awaiting my PCC from Germany, I hope it comes on time :s I dont want to decline my invitation.

jj8685

May 11, 2017
I am a permanent resident of Chandigarh but is working in Noida currently. I applied PCC from chandigarh police station but the PCC says that this is valid only till 2013 since i moved out to noida after that. what do i do in such a scenario? Should i try getting a PCC from Noida? But since i dont have any proof here so what to do?

Raiju89

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Please help me understand...Once i have submitted my documents while i am staying in UAE, with PCC from UAE & India, i am not allowed to go back to India for a month. I understand that the PCC is for places you have been over 6 months soo once you have obtained Indian PCC, isnt is ok to go for short visit as long as it doesnt hit 6 months?? ???
Hi ,

Have you applied for PCC from UAE & How ?
I jus got nomination from Ontario , just collecting all required documents prior to the next draw .