+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Validity

mohit9090

Jan 12, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have a query about PCC Validity, I got my pcc done from Bls Canada in Jan 2020 and this year (Jan 2021) I received ITA hence my India PCC is almost an year old however I didn’t travel back to INDIA since then. Also, PCC does not has any expiry date.

Can I use my old PCC for PR?

Last edited:

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone,

I have a query about PCC Validity, I got my pcc done from Bls Canada in Jan 2020 and this year (Jan 2021) I received ITA hence my India PCC is almost an year old however I didn’t travel back to INDIA since then. Also, PCC does not has any expiry date.

It should be a definite 'Yes', in your case . Indian PCC says 'for the period he/she stayed in India'
Most recent PCC is required from the country of residence.

here you go! Form CIC (link FYR)
"
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Last edited:

mohit9090

Jan 12, 2021
thank you for your reply however INDIA PCC doesn’t say about 'for the period he/she stayed in India'.
It just corroborate against your passport number that there is no criminal record found.

Agree with your quote from CIC website but one clause they have mentioned at bottom i.e. “An officer may ask for a new one later on."

My last question is about the validity again, does a PCC has six months or one year validity for CIC to consider it.

It should be a definite 'Yes', in your case . Indian PCC says 'for the period he/she stayed in India'
Most recent PCC is required from the country of residence.

here you go! Form CIC (link FYR)
"
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Hey did you figure this out? What did you do ?

kourk

Apr 29, 2022
Hello Everyone,

What happened?