+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC timelines from India and UK

vincent.forums

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Hello All,

I would be travelling to the UK in 3 weeks for a year and am wondering if i can complete my PCC before i travel ?

I am unsure of the timelines involved.

Note: My Passport contains my Old Mumbai address, My documents contain my new Mumbai address and i am currently employed and living in Bangalore since the past two months.

TIA

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
1. You cannot get PCC for any country before you travel there. It's point less in that case.
2. Check on CIC.GC.CA specifically for UK. But you do not need PCC for most countries if you have lived there less than 6 months. (Even though you will be staying there for a year but if you submit your application before completion of 6 months mark you may not be asked for UK PCC)

vincent.forums

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
1. You cannot get PCC for any country before you travel there. It's point less in that case.
2. Check on CIC.GC.CA specifically for UK. But you do not need PCC for most countries if you have lived there less than 6 months. (Even though you will be staying there for a year but if you submit your application before completion of 6 months mark you may not be asked for UK PCC)
I have lived in India all my life and i actually want to know if it would be easier to get PCC from India in a matter of two weeks.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I have lived in India all my life and i actually want to know if it would be easier to get PCC from India in a matter of two weeks.
All it takes is 2-3 hours to get the Indian PCC. Pop into your closest Passport Service Kendra and get it as long as your address on the passport hasn’t changed.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
No point in getting the Indian PCC before you leave. It will be un-usable since your country of residency will be become UK (even though temporary for one year). As per IRCC rules, the Indian PCC should be issued after the last time you lived there. Thus if you submit your express entry application after you are already in UK, you will need a new Indian PCC from Indian Embassy in UK.

See section "Police Certificate" from the official website.
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Last edited:
Reactions: vincent.forums