+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Status Not Changing - Processing at High Commission

mrinzy

May 22, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied for my PPC at Ottawa BLS on Feb 3, 2021. Last week it reached my local police station in Mumbai and after my Dad went there a couple of times, they submitted the verification from their end last Thursday on 4th March. However, the status on portal4 still shows "police verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian embassy/consulate. PCC needs to be initiated blah blah blah...". Even on BLS, it says "Processing at High Commission".

Anyone here knows how much time it takes for the processing to complete at the High Commission and the PCC to reach BLS? I am running out of time to submit my PR application.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
Hello,

I have the same situation. Me and my spouse applied at the same time. got my spouse PCC but my status shows same as yours.

Did you get your PCC. and how long did it take?
Did you contact someone ? what was the result. ?

No time need to submit my profile.

Thanks

mrinzy

May 22, 2020
Hello,

I have the same situation. Me and my spouse applied at the same time. got my spouse PCC but my status shows same as yours.

Did you get your PCC. and how long did it take?
Did you contact someone ? what was the result. ?

No time need to submit my profile.

Thanks
I finally received both my and my wife's PCC after more than a month of application. The status changes only when your PCC gets printed. Untill then it's just a waiting game. All the best!

kvandhanapu

Dec 7, 2018
I finally received both my and my wife's PCC after more than a month of application. The status changes only when your PCC gets printed. Untill then it's just a waiting game. All the best!

Did your status change automatically..? Or did you contact someone..?

Did you talk to bls..?
Please suggest what to do. Am running out of time

Thanks

mrinzy

May 22, 2020
Did your status change automatically..? Or did you contact someone..?

Did you talk to bls..?
Please suggest what to do. Am running out of time

Thanks
There's no point contacting BLS. I had emailed the Indian High Commission in Ottawa but they just replied saying that they had not received my application, so not much help. I even tweeted to the Mumbai Police but even they were clueless as to where my application was stuck and simply told me to reach out to the High Commission. In the end, the PCC just appeared out of nowhere. I would suggest that you ask your folks back home to follow up with your local police station as the Police are the biggest bottlenecks in the process. They sit on the application till the last moment unless they are pestered regularly.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Hello everyone,

I applied for my PPC at Ottawa BLS on Feb 3, 2021. Last week it reached my local police station in Mumbai and after my Dad went there a couple of times, they submitted the verification from their end last Thursday on 4th March. However, the status on portal4 still shows "police verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian embassy/consulate. PCC needs to be initiated blah blah blah...". Even on BLS, it says "Processing at High Commission".

Anyone here knows how much time it takes for the processing to complete at the High Commission and the PCC to reach BLS? I am running out of time to submit my PR application.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Your dad could have taken copy of police report when he's there