+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC SECOND TIME!!

Rishi Behl

Nov 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi Fam,

After the invitation in December'20, I did the final submission of my FSW Express Entry file from Sydney, Australia. Once it was submitted (including the Biometrics), I decided to continue living in Sydney until I get my Passport Request (PPR), instead of moving back and waiting for it in India.

Due to some personal reasons, however, I've to visit my family in India for at least a month or two. Now, the dilemma I'm facing is the following:
  • if I go back, would IRCC/visa officer request me to do another Police Check from India? and,
  • would they also require from me the updated travel history since I visited India?
Why I'm concerned - or perhaps overthinking - about the above issues is because I don't want to delay or complicate my case, given the fact it's already taking so long for IRCC to process applications.

My Point of View: I believe that IRCC shouldn't ask for the second PCC if I raise a web form telling them I'll be visiting India to meet my family for a month. With respect to the travel history, I think they only want a detailed history at the time of submitting the Express Entry File. After that, it should be sufficient to tell them through a web form about my present address and location.

I'll be grateful for any help since it's an urgent matter.

Thank you for your time and concern,

Best regards,

Rishi.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I guess there is a clause stating "Give me a PCC if you stay for 6 months or more continuously in a country" or something like it.

Rishi Behl

Nov 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
I guess there is a clause stating "Give me a PCC if you stay for 6 months or more continuously in a country" or something like it.
Thanks for your reply!

I have just read that condition on CIC portal. I understand one needs PCC for a stay of over 6 months when they first apply for the PR file. However, there is nothing mentioned on the portal regarding second PCC if one leaves a country on a temporary basis.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi Fam,

After the invitation in December'20, I did the final submission of my FSW Express Entry file from Sydney, Australia. Once it was submitted (including the Biometrics), I decided to continue living in Sydney until I get my Passport Request (PPR), instead of moving back and waiting for it in India.

Due to some personal reasons, however, I've to visit my family in India for at least a month or two. Now, the dilemma I'm facing is the following:
  • if I go back, would IRCC/visa officer request me to do another Police Check from India? and,
  • would they also require from me the updated travel history since I visited India?
Why I'm concerned - or perhaps overthinking - about the above issues is because I don't want to delay or complicate my case, given the fact it's already taking so long for IRCC to process applications.

My Point of View: I believe that IRCC shouldn't ask for the second PCC if I raise a web form telling them I'll be visiting India to meet my family for a month. With respect to the travel history, I think they only want a detailed history at the time of submitting the Express Entry File. After that, it should be sufficient to tell them through a web form about my present address and location.

I'll be grateful for any help since it's an urgent matter.

Thank you for your time and concern,

Best regards,

Rishi.
@Rishi Behl the kind of trip you are mentioning does not require another PCC to be issued. You need not even inform IRCC. All details are locked on AOR.

Rishi Behl

Nov 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
@Rishi Behl the kind of trip you are mentioning does not require another PCC to be issued. You need not even inform IRCC. All details are locked on AOR.
Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it. Nonetheless, I believe I should inform IRCC about the address change considering that I'll be staying in India and moving back to Sydney, but at a different address. Why? Because I'm going to leave my current home address permanently, and I'll be finding a new accommodation once I come back. What do you think of this? Are you aware of some other way to address this issue? Thank you again.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it. Nonetheless, I believe I should inform IRCC about the address change considering that I'll be staying in India and moving back to Sydney, but at a different address. Why? Because I'm going to leave my current home address permanently, and I'll be finding a new accommodation once I come back. What do you think of this? Are you aware of some other way to address this issue? Thank you again.
For change in address, you can raise a webform and IRCC at any point in time @Rishi Behl If at all you receive the PPR while in India, you can inform IRCC and get the passport stamped in India too.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for your reply!

I have just read that condition on CIC portal. I understand one needs PCC for a stay of over 6 months when they first apply for the PR file. However, there is nothing mentioned on the portal regarding second PCC if one leaves a country on a temporary basis.
Can you elaborate on what the scenario is?

Jun 25, 2019
Hello Experts! @Islander216

I have a question on the same note. Actually, I left Canada after submitting my application (along with medical & biometric, and PCC) for more than 6 months due to some family emergencies in India. Now, I have came back to Canada in November 2021. I still have not received any updates on my application, but do I need to apply for second PCC?

My timeline -
Application type - CEC Inland
ITA - 21st Jan 2021
AOR - 13th Feb 2021
Medicals exam passed - 12th March 2021
Biometric completed - 19th March 2021
Travelled to India due to emergency - 3rd March 2021
Returned back to Canada - 7th Nov 2021
Application status -
Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Please guide. Thanks in advance!

Thanks!