+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC - Russia

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am an EU-citizen that traveled multiple times to Russia. I traveled there several times with a tourist visa staying in the hotel and several other times with a private visa (issued upon an invitation) staying at home of my friend. While applying to Russian Consulate in Canada for PCC, I am requested to mention all the addresses where I stayed in the country.
Does anyone know should I add the address of hotels or only the address of my friend?

Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Have you been requested to provide a Russian PCC by IRCC? Typically, you'd only be required to do so if you spent more than six months there.

To answer your question, you likely need to provide all addresses.

Reactions: kiwissima

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Have you been requested to provide a Russian PCC by IRCC? Typically, you'd only be required to do so if you spent more than six months there.

To answer your question, you likely need to provide all addresses.
Thank you for your reply!
I stayed there for 6 months in total. Therefore, my immigration consultant advised me to request PCC from Russia to avoid any delays later because of the processing time (1-2 months).

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You're not technically required to:

• every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
The example IRCC later gives is "several 4-month study periods between 2014 and 2017" where a PCC was requested afterwards.

I suppose you're not doing any harm by requesting the PCC in advance.