+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC & residence dates mismatch

Jram11

Apr 9, 2021
Thank you. One more question, when you processed again the QPCC did you submit the same documents you submitted before on his first PCC application? or would the SPA along with an LOE and passport stamps be enough for the second PCC application?

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Thank you. One more question, when you processed again the QPCC did you submit the same documents you submitted before on his first PCC application? or would the SPA along with an LOE and passport stamps be enough for the second PCC application?
The requirements submitted for his first pcc application and second application are different.

On his first pcc he was still in Qatar so he just went to the Ministry of Interior and got the pcc in a week.

For his second application, he is already in Canada so thats the time we submitted the power of attorney and other requirements needed.

Jram11

Apr 9, 2021
Yes that’s what We did on the 1st PPC application. Did you send original documents to your representative in Qatar as well? Photocopies not allowed right?

gildathomas

Dec 31, 2018
The requirements submitted for his first pcc application and second application are different.

On his first pcc he was still in Qatar so he just went to the Ministry of Interior and got the pcc in a week.

For his second application, he is already in Canada so thats the time we submitted the power of attorney and other requirements needed.
Hi could you please tell me the process of giving power of attorney to another person to obtain Qatar pcc? Thank you

hhk1

Mar 8, 2023
Hi we have a difference of one day between dates on PCC and exit stamps. We left our home country for country B (current residence) on 2019-10-02 on 5:00 AM (We have the ticket still).

But our police certificate from our home country states that our stay was until 2019-10-01.

We saw this discrepancy during our last checks, we have 10 days left and everything else is complete. Should we submit as it is, and write in the LoE that this mistake happened since we left in the early hours of 2019-10-02?

Or should we submit as is, apply for a new police certificate (not sure how long it will take), and mention in the LoE that we are aware of this discrepancy and are applying for an amended police certificate? And will submit it through a webform?

Is it a big issue? I'm aware a lot of rejections come from issues with the PCC but since this is one day, i'm not sure. The passport stamp of exit on 2019-10-02 is aligned with the dates on our personal history, travel history, and address history.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi we have a difference of one day between dates on PCC and exit stamps. We left our home country for country B (current residence) on 2019-10-02 on 5:00 AM (We have the ticket still).

But our police certificate from our home country states that our stay was until 2019-10-01.

We saw this discrepancy during our last checks, we have 10 days left and everything else is complete. Should we submit as it is, and write in the LoE that this mistake happened since we left in the early hours of 2019-10-02?

Or should we submit as is, apply for a new police certificate (not sure how long it will take), and mention in the LoE that we are aware of this discrepancy and are applying for an amended police certificate? And will submit it through a webform?

Is it a big issue? I'm aware a lot of rejections come from issues with the PCC but since this is one day, i'm not sure. The passport stamp of exit on 2019-10-02 is aligned with the dates on our personal history, travel history, and address history.
Did they ask you for a passport page with stamps. I think only bio page is needed. I think even 1 day of non coverage will lead to denial. LOE won't help for pcc. Best change your address history 1 day back as technically you were at your address till the prior day and at the airport next day.

hhk1

Mar 8, 2023
Did they ask you for a passport page with stamps. I think only bio page is needed. I think even 1 day of non coverage will lead to denial. LOE won't help for pcc. Best change your address history 1 day back as technically you were at your address till the prior day and at the airport next day.
So that means we show our address history in home country was until 2019-10-01, but our travel history to country B started from 2019-10-02 (as well as the address history in country B). That makes sense, but we're trying to keep single day overlaps in address history, as we also heard there should be no gaps. Do you think ending address history in place A on one day and starting it in place B on the next day is the way to go in general?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
So that means we show our address history in home country was until 2019-10-01, but our travel history to country B started from 2019-10-02 (as well as the address history in country B). That makes sense, but we're trying to keep single day overlaps in address history, as we also heard there should be no gaps. Do you think ending address history in place A on one day and starting it in place B on the next day is the way to go in general?
Why single day overlaps? One day in one and next day in another is fine.

Reactions: hhk1

hhk1

Mar 8, 2023

Just in case we decided to look into obtaining a new police certificate with the 'Stay to' date amended to 2019-10-02. Unfortunately we are told that a new police certificate can only be obtained when the previous one is expired, i.e. 6 months after.

What would be the best option in this case? Should we not draw attention to the matter and hope for the best? i.e. it is not a big issue if pcc date is one day before exit?

or should we write in a letter of explanation that we are aware of the issue and will be able to provide a new PCC for the extra day after 6 months? although that sounds like an automatic rejection.

would love some advice from anyone whos experienced similar things.

6010Abc

Nov 6, 2023
Just in case we decided to look into obtaining a new police certificate with the 'Stay to' date amended to 2019-10-02. Unfortunately we are told that a new police certificate can only be obtained when the previous one is expired, i.e. 6 months after.

What would be the best option in this case? Should we not draw attention to the matter and hope for the best? i.e. it is not a big issue if pcc date is one day before exit?

or should we write in a letter of explanation that we are aware of the issue and will be able to provide a new PCC for the extra day after 6 months? although that sounds like an automatic rejection.

would love some advice from anyone whos experienced similar things.