+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC & residence dates mismatch

rc25

Jul 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my application in Jan 2020 and it is under review. A friend of mine who is also in the process of applying highlighted that my police clearance certificate is missing 2 months and a LoE should have been submitted along with my initial application. I moved to Qatar in Sep 2010 but was on visit visa for initial two months - till Nov 2010. In my police clearance the dates mentioned are from Nov 2010 to Dec 2019 and my address history shows that I was in Qatar from Sep 2010.

Is there a possibility to update my application with a LoE mentioning the dates when I was on visit Visa in Qatar? Qatar govt. does not provide PCC for the time spent in Qatar on visit visa. Has anyone come across such situation and if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks
RC

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my application in Jan 2020 and it is under review. A friend of mine who is also in the process of applying highlighted that my police clearance certificate is missing 2 months and a LoE should have been submitted along with my initial application. I moved to Qatar in Sep 2010 but was on visit visa for initial two months - till Nov 2010. In my police clearance the dates mentioned are from Nov 2010 to Dec 2019 and my address history shows that I was in Qatar from Sep 2010.

Is there a possibility to update my application with a LoE mentioning the dates when I was on visit Visa in Qatar? Qatar govt. does not provide PCC for the time spent in Qatar on visit visa. Has anyone come across such situation and if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks
RC
In your place, I would quickly submit an LoE through a web request (you can search on the forums or google for instructions on how to raise one). While I have not heard of this specific issue, I have heard of rejections stemming from various PCC problems (dates, formats, etc) - so I would say it's better to be safe than sorry....

rc25

Jul 22, 2018
In your place, I would quickly submit an LoE through a web request (you can search on the forums or google for instructions on how to raise one). While I have not heard of this specific issue, I have heard of rejections stemming from various PCC problems (dates, formats, etc) - so I would say it's better to be safe than sorry....
Thanks @aamool .

Priya85

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
RC
PCC is a very critical document and any date mismatch will lead to rejection. We had got our PCC through Afreno Consultancy in Doha and they were able to cover the entire period. Please approach them. One good thing is right now due to this pandemic things are moving very slowly. You might still have time to submit a new PCC by raising a webform. For now you can inform them that you are trying to get a new PCC covering the complete period

rc25

Jul 22, 2018
PCC is a very critical document and any date mismatch will lead to rejection. We had got our PCC through Afreno Consultancy in Doha and they were able to cover the entire period. Please approach them. One good thing is right now due to this pandemic things are moving very slowly. You might still have time to submit a new PCC by raising a webform. For now you can inform them that you are trying to get a new PCC covering the complete period
Thanks @Priya85 . I raised a webform with letter of explanation and will also check with the consultancy about the turnaround time for PCC request so that if required I can have it handy.

rc25

Jul 22, 2018
Hi Priya, i checked on cic portal under “how to apply for PCC for Qatar and under that it is mentioned that if you were a visitor before you became a resident, you are required to provide explaination for the visit period as Qatar will not provide pcc for non residents. I have raised a webform writing LoE for this visit period. Can you please let me know which year you applied for your Qatar Pcc because i know that they are not providing pcc for visit period anymore.

thanks
Rc

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
RC

Hi rc25,

We encountered the same situation when we submitted our docs last year, my husband stayed in Qatar from Nov 2015 to August 2018 but he was on a visit visa from Nov 2015 to Feb 2016, so technically the coverage of this PCC is just from Feb 2016 (the time he was given a residency status) to Aug 2018 (last exit in Qatar).

What we did is we attached a letter of explanation saying that the Qatari authorities do not cover from the time my husband first landed as visit visa, only from the time of his residency. We even explained further that our Power of Attorney (our friend in Qatar who helped us get the PCC) was also given the same information from Criminal Evidences & Information Department. (We did not go through any agencies cause it was very expensive!)

Additionally in our LOE, we stated the specific dates of his stay in Qatar, his status (from being a visit visa to residency) and all of his addresses. (he transferred places like 3 times). We also attached all copies his residency ID's (cause they normally renew it every year right?) just to support our claim of his time being a resident there.

They gladly accepted it and we got our PR.

Edit:
When we first applied it was rejected as incomplete because of his PCC from Qatar, it said that the PCC does not mention his full stay. The first PCC we submitted only covered Feb 2016 to July 2018 where in fact he left the country Aug 2018.

We managed to get a second PCC (doing the steps above) now covering Feb 2016 until his last stay in Qatar and they approved our application.

I guess they will accept the PCC as long as you explain it to them and as long as it was issued AFTER the last time you stayed there... regardless if it does not include the visit visa dates... just my thoughts based on my experience... Here's an excerpt from government of Canada website. All the best to you and your application :)

Date the certificate was issued
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
  • it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Last edited:

Jram11

Apr 9, 2021
Hi rc25,

We encountered the same situation when we submitted our docs last year, my husband stayed in Qatar from Nov 2015 to August 2018 but he was on a visit visa from Nov 2015 to Feb 2016, so technically the coverage of this PCC is just from Feb 2016 (the time he was given a residency status) to Aug 2018 (last exit in Qatar).

What we did is we attached a letter of explanation saying that the Qatari authorities do not cover from the time my husband first landed as visit visa, only from the time of his residency. We even explained further that our Power of Attorney (our friend in Qatar who helped us get the PCC) was also given the same information from Criminal Evidences & Information Department. (We did not go through any agencies cause it was very expensive!)

Additionally in our LOE, we stated the specific dates of his stay in Qatar, his status (from being a visit visa to residency) and all of his addresses. (he transferred places like 3 times). We also attached all copies his residency ID's (cause they normally renew it every year right?) just to support our claim of his time being a resident there.

They gladly accepted it and we got our PR.

Edit:
When we first applied it was rejected as incomplete because of his PCC from Qatar, it said that the PCC does not mention his full stay. The first PCC we submitted only covered Feb 2016 to July 2018 where in fact he left the country Aug 2018.

We managed to get a second PCC (doing the steps above) now covering Feb 2016 until his last stay in Qatar and they approved our application.

I guess they will accept the PCC as long as you explain it to them and as long as it was issued AFTER the last time you stayed there... regardless if it does not include the visit visa dates... just my thoughts based on my experience... Here's an excerpt from government of Canada website. All the best to you and your application :)

Date the certificate was issued
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
  • it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Hi. May I know how did IRCC open up your application again after rejection because of PCC date mismatch? We have encountered the same
Problem and was hopeful they would consider our explanation.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi. May I know how did IRCC open up your application again after rejection because of PCC date mismatch? We have encountered the same
Problem and was hopeful they would consider our explanation.
IRCC returned our application, marked it as incomplete and refunded all our fees when the PCC did not match.

We made a new application again and attached the new PCC showing the correct dates, and then we got approved.

Jram11

Apr 9, 2021
Thanks. So you asked Qatar Police Dept for a revised of your husband’s PCC? And would that mean that you applied or submitted your profile again in the pool?

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Thanks. So you asked Qatar Police Dept for a revised of your husband’s PCC? And would that mean that you applied or submitted your profile again in the pool?
Yes, we asked for a new pcc from Qatar. And yes, we made a new profile again and submitted a new application.

Jram11

Apr 9, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply. I thought you submitted an LOE for the PCC that you had which only covers the time of his residency? Sorry, was a bit confused. I was thinking you submitted an appeal through a web form to explain everything and hope for them to reconsider your rejected application.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. I thought you submitted an LOE for the PCC that you had which only covers the time of his residency? Sorry, was a bit confused. I was thinking you submitted an appeal through a web form to explain everything and hope for them to reconsider your rejected application.

Here, I’ll explain in detail to you:

Stay of my husband in Qatar was from

Nov 2015 to Aug 2018 - entire stay
Nov 2015 to Feb 14, 2016 - visit visa status, still looking for a job
Feb 15, 2016- he then found a job, working visa.

So when we first requested PCC the coverage was just from Feb 15, 2016 until the day he requested the PCC which was July 30, 2018. Qatar authorities do not include in the pcc the time you landed in Qatar being on a visit visa. So what we did, in our first application, we attached a letter of explanation about this, we said he was on a visit visa from nov 2015 to feb 14, 2016 and he was still looking for a job so its not indicated in the pcc coverage. The reason why we submiited LOE because we know IRCC can see in his passport stamps that he first entered Qatar Nov 2015 and it will not match the dates stipulated in the PCC.

But then, it got rejected. The reason: PCC did not cover the entire stay of my husband there. It shows coverage only of Feb 15, 2016 to July 30, 2018 (the time my husband requested his first PCC) which in fact he left Qatar August 20, 2018. So IRCC returned our application, refunded us with everything we paid.

Second application, we made a new profile and entered the pool again, (he is out of Qatar already) we asked someone to process the PCC in his behalf. So now his second PCC dates show Feb 16, 2016 to August 20, 2018 - this are the dates he stayed there being a worker, but then again the date from he first landed as a tourist is not indicated. So we attached the loe again explaining to IRCC that he was still looking for a job from nov 2015 blah blah.

Then, our pr got approved.

As I was saying in my previous post, I think what IRCC wants to see is that you left that country without any liabilities/charges therefore it doesnt matter if your pcc does not show from the first date you landed, what is important is IT SHOULD SHOW THE LAST DATE OF YOUR STAY which should match on the last exit stamped in your passport. I hope this helps. :)

Jram11

Apr 9, 2021
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it. I got your point. In our case, they were looking for the PCC dated 2011-2012 since the one we submitted was the last visit/work he had which was 2015-2016. Do you think Qatar Police Dept releases a separate PCC as per a person’s period of stay in Qatar under a residency permit? The address we put for 2011-2012 was different from the address he had when he came back last 2015-2016, so was thinking that was the reason why they marked it as incomplete. But he was on the same Country so why would they still asked for it and to think my husband will not be able to enter or work again in Qatar had he committed a crime on those 2011-2012 year. And during the time we processed the PCC last 2017 we indicated on our letter his very first landing which was 2007 down to his last exit 2016. Meaning, we did not just asked the year 2015-2016 but his entire stay/years in Qatar. So confusing. Already submitted a web form, hoping they’ll reconsider the application and will submit profile again maybe today while waiting for their response which I expected would take time.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it. I got your point. In our case, they were looking for the PCC dated 2011-2012 since the one we submitted was the last visit/work he had which was 2015-2016. Do you think Qatar Police Dept releases a separate PCC as per a person’s period of stay in Qatar under a residency permit? The address we put for 2011-2012 was different from the address he had when he came back last 2015-2016, so was thinking that was the reason why they marked it as incomplete. But he was on the same Country so why would they still asked for it and to think my husband will not be able to enter or work again in Qatar had he committed a crime on those 2011-2012 year. And during the time we processed the PCC last 2017 we indicated on our letter his very first landing which was 2007 down to his last exit 2016. Meaning, we did not just asked the year 2015-2016 but his entire stay/years in Qatar. So confusing. Already submitted a web form, hoping they’ll reconsider the application and will submit profile again maybe today while waiting for their response which I expected would take time.
Yeah. Your case is a bit different cause the duration of your husband’s stay in Qatar is not continuous. I’m not so sure if Qatari releases two separate pcc though, you can always try and request..It seems like IRCC is looking for pcc that corresponds to the work visa/residency timeframe so maybe you can explain this to the Qatari officials why you need the pcc that covers 2011-2012... I hope IRCC responds right away so you would know what will be your next course of action. All the best!