+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC requirements

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
On the CIC complete guide it says:

Once we start processing the application, we’ll ask for police certificates from:
  • the principal applicant
  • all family members over the age of 18 (whether they will accompany the principal applicant to Canada or not)
When we ask you for police certificates at this stage, you’ll have to submit them for:
  • the country where you currently live, if you’ve lived there for six months or more; and
  • the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
According to this, the requirement is not any country you've lived in for 6 months or more. Since I've spent most of my adult life since the age of 18 outside of my citizenship country, I didn't think I would need a PCC from them. It's fine of course, but am I misinterpreting what the complete guide says?

suzyyy

Dec 12, 2018
Hi! i have the same question as yours, could you please tell me what did you do when you applied? did you provide the pcc from your citizenship country?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
On the CIC complete guide it says:

According to this, the requirement is not any country you've lived in for 6 months or more. Since I've spent most of my adult life since the age of 18 outside of my citizenship country, I didn't think I would need a PCC from them. It's fine of course, but am I misinterpreting what the complete guide says?
You need to supply pcc for ANY and ALL countries the you have lived in for 6 months or longer since the age of 18