I applied for GCMS notes in Jan and this was it, >
Eligibility- Recommended Pass
Criminality- In progress
Info Sharing- In progress

VO- Ottawa

I got GHOST UPDATE YESTERDAY- 20th March
And received an email today(Sunday)-21st March requesting for ADR stating

This is reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada

As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO USA OR EVER VISITED!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

it says says at the end to submit it at upload section

I know, I have to write an LOE here, and what should I Include in it?

should I also upload and send a web form?

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
You can apply for FBI clearance online at
https://www.edo.cjis.gov/
Enter your email (and SAVE THE PIN)
Register your info and you pay 20$ fee
Go to a notary to get your fingerprints on a FBI fingerprint card and Send it by mail with the copy of the confirmation email you received after payment.

5 Business day after delivery you will receive the pdf encrypted document in your email with your clearance (it takes exactly 5 business day)
You will need the first pin to download the pdf and upload it to IRCC. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t been in usa the Identity History Summary requests are performed to clear your name with another false match in FBI databases

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Okay I understand! If I don’t go with the option as you suggested!
what if I just write them an LOE stating that I have never lived or visited USA?

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
In my view, Just apply for the FBI and let the FBI states that whether any traces of yours or not. You can write an LOE by stating that you never visited the USA, but you attempted to get FBI clearance and attach the report to LOE which makes your case more appealing.

But if you think, FBI is time-consuming (which is not, at max it will take 8-10 working days.), you can write an LOE and then wait for the processing officer's response. who knows, if the officer insists to get USA PCC, then it will be additional processing time. So better to apply for FBI clearance and get it and attach LOE, so that the processing officer will not have any choice to revert back with a query that makes your case processing faster.

It's my point of view only. You can choose whatever best suits you.

Reactions: ishakeshavan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

well do u guys think if it is sensible to apply for FBI clearance certificate as I have not lived or visited USA at all?
Or should I just simply submit LOE?
please let me know!
thanks in advance!

It is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate from the applicant.

However, if the letter states that if you have lived in the US, then provide the PCC, and if you never lived there, then just send a reply back that you have never lived. If IRCC still requires you to provide FBI PCC, you will be informed.

amt123

Sep 7, 2023
Hello, I have the same situation. What did you do? I also need a police check from the USA but never lived there. Thank you.

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Even though, I have never been to USA. I just did, of what I was suggested by the first reply

You can apply for FBI clearance online at
https://www.edo.cjis.gov/
Enter your email (and SAVE THE PIN)
Register your info and you pay 20$ fee
Go to a notary to get your fingerprints on a FBI fingerprint card and Send it by mail with the copy of the confirmation email you received after payment.

5 Business day after delivery you will receive the pdf encrypted document in your email with your clearance (it takes exactly 5 business day)
You will need the first pin to download the pdf and upload it to IRCC. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t been in USA the Identity History Summary requests are performed to clear your name with another false match in FBI databases