+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Query

Nisha

Jun 21, 2009
I am from India and have lived in different states across the country...

Is it required to get PCC from every state that I lived in or just one PCC for India would suffice???

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nisha,

Just apply to your home district ( which is your permanent residential address in your application) Supdt of Police. But if you have lived in any other state for several years continuaously it is better to get a PCC from there also. According to my opinion, it is not required to submit PCCs from all places of temporary living.

chiri9

Jul 6, 2009
Hi Nisha,
i am 100% agree with wilson, he is saying is correct. you need not to take PCC from all the states/city where ever you lived but this is confirm that
you have to take a PCC from your permenant home address, the address you specified in your application form. the address is mentioned in your passport, if these all are same then no need to take PCC from other cities that i am sure.

Nisha

Jun 21, 2009
Thank u friends for ur suggestion...

I would like the seniors to comment on this please...

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nisha said:
I am from India and have lived in different states across the country...

Is it required to get PCC from every state that I lived in or just one PCC for India would suffice???

All you need is the PCC of your country (INDIA) and not the states.

However, though not sure, the CIC sometimes requests PCC for the states you lived in e.g. America.

Nisha

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks Bobby!!

It would be very helpful if someone who applied to New Delhi CHC comments on it.

Please advise friends.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Good question actually!

I have always thought that CHC ND wants only one PCC for India.

But it is equally true that they are asking for one FBI and one from each state in case of USA.

So, is it any where specifically mentioned that ONE PCC IS ENOUGH FOR INDIA; OR ARE WE ALL ASSUMING IT?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

boltz said:
Good question actually!

I have always thought that CHC ND wants only one PCC for India.

But it is equally true that they are asking for one FBI and one from each state in case of USA.

So, is it any where specifically mentioned that ONE PCC IS ENOUGH FOR INDIA; OR ARE WE ALL ASSUMING IT?
1. One PCC from India, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

PMM