+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC post ITA

saranyarao

Mar 15, 2018
Hi , I am recently married and I have received ITA. For the PCC can both of us get it done in our home town seperately as our passport does not contain the spouse name included.?Does PCC have a PV ?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi , I am recently married and I have received ITA. For the PCC can both of us get it done in our home town seperately as our passport does not contain the spouse name included.?Does PCC have a PV ?
Yes, you can get it done in your hometown separately. PCC includes pv if you are getting it done from an address different from the one given on your passport. If you go to your respective hometowns then PV won't be done.

That being said, I would recommend you update spouse name on passport as it will be useful in the long run. I got my passport updated with spouse name and then got pcc. It took one 5-7 days for the entire process.

saranyarao

Mar 15, 2018
Yes, you can get it done in your hometown separately. PCC includes pv if you are getting it done from an address different from the one given on your passport. If you go to your respective hometowns then PV won't be done.

That being said, I would recommend you update spouse name on passport as it will be useful in the long run. I got my passport updated with spouse name and then got pcc. It took one 5-7 days for the entire process.
Is it Ok to have a Marriage certificate and then PCC as single? Will it matter in e-APR?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Is it Ok to have a Marriage certificate and then PCC as single? Will it matter in e-APR?
It's not a problem with e Apr or ircc. There seems to be a problem with the Indian PSK system. Some people were asked to get passport updated with spouse's name when they went for pcc. And some people have got the PCC without spouse's name. So you can go ahead and apply for PCC and see what happens.

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi - I need your expertise here.

Applying for common law and got our NBI clearance prepared. It was too late when we noticed that we input different addresses. Will this be taken against our commonlaw application? Joint account and billing statements with the same address are already in place, by the way. Or should I get another clearance with the same address as hers?

Jaspreet2302

Dec 7, 2016
Hi Guys
I am from New delhi and received ITA last thursday, booked an appointment with passport office for PCC for the very next day and received it right away in a single visit to passport seva kendra last Friday. Reason I am asking this is usually I hear ppl saying that it takes several days to obtain PCC but in my case it took few hours, just curious if PCC from passport office is okay.?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Guys
I am from New delhi and received ITA last thursday, booked an appointment with passport office for PCC for the very next day and received it right away in a single visit to passport seva kendra last Friday. Reason I am asking this is usually I hear ppl saying that it takes several days to obtain PCC but in my case it took few hours, just curious if PCC from passport office is okay.?
You're good... some people get it on the same day too...

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi Guys
You must be living at the same address that is in your passport. In case of same address there is no police inquiry, even if address is different but within same police station they issue it immediately.