+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC jurisdiction and selection of Police station in India

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi All

I am about to apply for PCC, I reside in Greater Toronto Area. Can you please tell
1. Do I need to apply in Toronto or Ottawa Jurisdiction? Does it help in speeding the process if we select a particular jurisdiction?
2. I recently got new passport during my visit to India and I stayed there for more than 6 months. The address mentioned there is now vacant and nobody resides. Can I fill address as my parents address? If so, do they visit the passport address or address I mention in application form?
3. Which police station should I select? The one which is nearer to my parents address or my permanent address( passport) police starion?
4. Will the Indian police officer visit the mentioned address or my parents have to visit the selected police station?
What documents should be submitted to support the address issue.
Looking for help, thankyou

Reactions: pranaysatdeve

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
1. Toronto Jurisdiction
2. If you're mentioning your parents address, make sure you include your father's/mother's address proof document when submitting the application (Like their Aadhaar Card with the address on it). Write a letter to the consulate mentioning the address change, and that you're including your parents' address proof. Submit the letter with the other documents.
3. Select the police station near their address. The police will call them (ensure you mention your parents phone number on the application) and will visit them to verify the address and documents.
4. Your parents can visit the station, but the police may choose to visit your address for verification anyway.

Reactions: pranaysatdeve

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
1. Toronto Jurisdiction
2. If you're mentioning your parents address, make sure you include your father's/mother's address proof document when submitting the application (Like their Aadhaar Card with the address on it). Write a letter to the consulate mentioning the address change, and that you're including your parents' address proof. Submit the letter with the other documents.
3. Select the police station near their address. The police will call them (ensure you mention your parents phone number on the application) and will visit them to verify the address and documents.
4. Your parents can visit the station, but the police may choose to visit your address for verification anyway.
Thanks for helpful insight, can you tell if I need to submit original passport with PCC application? I will be choosing pick up and drop-off facility.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Thanks for helpful insight, can you tell if I need to submit original passport with PCC application? I will be choosing pick up and drop-off facility.
No original documents. Photocopies only. And a Demand Draft for $41.40.

Reactions: Sakshi21

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Thankyou, will the Purolator provide envelopes and shipping label for pickup and drop off or do we need to provide them?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thankyou, will the Purolator provide envelopes and shipping label for pickup and drop off or do we need to provide them?
You have to goto on BLS website and pay for pickup and drop off and then you will get label in your email. You print that label and purolator guy will come to your house with envelope and you put all documents inside envelope and fix label or other option is take printed label to any Purolator store and they will give you envelope and put documents inside and fix label on it .

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
You have to goto on BLS website and pay for pickup and drop off and then you will get label in your email. You print that label and purolator guy will come to your house with envelope and you put all documents inside envelope and fix label or other option is take printed label to any Purolator store and they will give you envelope and put documents inside and fix label on it .
The purolator guy will have an envelope with him. You don't need it. Just print the label and give it him, with all the documents.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Thankyou, by how much time the application reaches the Indian police station after pickup by Purolator?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thankyou, by how much time the application reaches the Indian police station after pickup by Purolator?
Purolator delivers it next day or day after and then BLS check your documents and update status online. After they check all documents they send to consulate on that day and then consulate takes around week or so to send police verification to India. Whole process takes around 1- 1.5 months. Once you got police verification email try to send someone to local police station in India and ask them to clear verification.

pranaysatdeve

Nov 15, 2023
Hello Sakshi and RamSatt. Your chat helped me a lot. I am still a little confused with the whole process of PCC for permanent residency via BLS and Purolator. I called BLS and they generated a link for me. So I’m assuming the next step is to click the link and pay online ?

I really appreciate your input on this. Thank you.