+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC issued 1 day before leaving home country

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
I am an expatriate, and I visited my home country for 1 week to get the bank statements, medicals and pcc. The pcc was issued 1 day before leaving my home country in that visit. After I got AOR, i stumbled upon this dilemma and feeling nervous about getting a rejection. Can someone confirm if it might be a problem ?

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
As per the official guidelines:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued afterthe last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dateson their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Going by the official guidelines, since your visit did not exceed six months in a row, you should be fine.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I saw that too and thought I am safe. But for some reasons, the seniors on the Forums are adamant about getting the PCC after one has left their country of origin. Check the links below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pcc-question.482372/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-home-country-pcc-q-for-experts-and-pr-holders.482514/
The problem is, you´re assuming that IRCC´s instructions remain the same over time. For example,in the thread with DelPiero´s comments from 2017, that was absolutely correct in 2017. For some reason, though, IRCC frequently changes the rules for PCCs. It is no longer true. You can see the Date Modified on the bottom of the page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Date modified: 2018-10-18

This is the danger of reading old threads (or even new ones) instead of referring to the information on the IRCC website. The info on the website is not always perfect, but it is always more reliable than what random strangers say : )

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I saw that too and thought I am safe. But for some reasons, the seniors on the Forums are adamant about getting the PCC after one has left their country of origin. Check the links below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pcc-question.482372/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-home-country-pcc-q-for-experts-and-pr-holders.482514/
I would go as per IRCC's guidelines than follow something from 2017. I don't see how they can reject your application for something they themselves, have specified. It would be a case of self contradiction then. If you feel very uncomfortable about submitting it then you can always get a new one after your visit.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
S
The problem is, you´re assuming that IRCC´s instructions remain the same over time. For example,in the thread with DelPiero´s comments from 2017, that was absolutely correct in 2017. For some reason, though, IRCC frequently changes the rules for PCCs. It is no longer true. You can see the Date Modified on the bottom of the page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

This is the danger of reading old threads (or even new ones) instead of referring to the information on the IRCC website. The info on the website is not always perfect, but it is always more reliable than what random strangers say : )
Appreciate your feedback.

So its safe to say that I am not toast?

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
I am an expatriate, and I visited my home country for 1 week to get the bank statements, medicals and pcc. The pcc was issued 1 day before leaving my home country in that visit. After I got AOR, i stumbled upon this dilemma and feeling nervous about getting a rejection. Can someone confirm if it might be a problem ?
I had the same situation. Left my home country in the same day I received the ITA (FEB 20). Then home country PCC issued on FEB 20. But stated the checks have been done upto FEB 06 applied date. I left the home country FEB 21 11:50 AM. PCC issued FEB 20 10:54 PM. They have accepted the PCC R10 passed with this PCC and to date Criminality passed.

But to be safe I raised a CSE and attached PCC saying checks performed up tp FEB 21 and issued on July 31.

I ask you to attach the PCC now you have in your hand and then apply another PCC and attach LOE with proof of documents to say you have applied a new PCC. With that you won't get rejected for R.10. Then when you get new PCC send it through a CSE.

Then you application would not be rejected in this grounds.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
I had the same situation. Left my home country in the same day I received the ITA (FEB 20). Then home country PCC issued on FEB 20. But stated the checks have been done upto FEB 06 applied date. I left the home country FEB 21 11:50 AM. PCC issued FEB 20 10:54 PM. They have accepted the PCC R10 passed with this PCC and to date Criminality passed.

But to be safe I raised a CSE and attached PCC saying checks performed up tp FEB 21 and issued on July 31.

I ask you to attach the PCC now you have in your hand and then apply another PCC and attach LOE with proof of documents to say you have applied a new PCC. With that you won't get rejected for R.10. Then when you get new PCC send it through a CSE.

Then you application would not be rejected in this grounds.
Well, the seniors' comments above are encouraging and assuring. But as you conveyed, better be safe. I will try to get a new PCC. Unfortunately, I came upon this dilemma today, 20 days after AOR, and with the weekend around the corner, I hope I have enough time before it's too late.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Well, the seniors' comments above are encouraging and assuring. But as you conveyed, better be safe. I will try to get a new PCC. Unfortunately, I came upon this dilemma today, 20 days after AOR, and with the weekend around the corner, I hope I have enough time before its too late.
I got to know this 4 months after the AOR. Fortunately, file wasn't rejected on R.10. So better be hurry up. Some people's files were rejected without any ADRs just near 6 months due to even one day PCC was not covered. Good luck!

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
I got to know this 4 months after the AOR. Fortunately, file wasn't rejected on R.10. So better be hurry up. Some people's files were rejected without any ADRs just near 6 months due to even one day PCC was not covered. Good luck!
If you haven't called upon bio-metrics means that your R.10 had not been done. So better hurry up. I'm not letting you down. But better take care your file and understanding the risks.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018

Hi Jes. I used an online Canadian translation service to translate the PCC and other documents. They didn't give me a certified copy of the original , only the translation and affidavit. I uploaded the scan of the original copy though. Would this be a problem?

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Jes. I used an online Canadian translation service to translate the PCC and other documents. They didn't give me a certified copy of the original , only the translation and affidavit. I uploaded the scan of the original copy though. Would this be a problem?
It seems silly, but I have seen applications rejected as incomplete for uploading a scan of the original without uploading the certified copy as well.

It doesn´t matter that the translator didn´t provide it (they couldn´t, if they did not physically see the original). You can get certified copies made at Service Canada (if they have a commissioner of oaths), since it is for your immigration application. It was free when I went, but that was many years ago already. Otherwise, certified copies will cost $40 + per page at a notary public or lawyer´s office.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
It seems silly, but I have seen applications rejected as incomplete for uploading a scan of the original without uploading the certified copy as well.

It doesn´t matter that the translator didn´t provide it (they couldn´t, if they did not physically see the original). You can get certified copies made at Service Canada (if they have a commissioner of oaths), since it is for your immigration application. It was free when I went, but that was many years ago already. Otherwise, certified copies will cost $40 + per page at a notary public or lawyer´s office.
Appreciate your feedback.

So do you think it will be ok? And I received MEP and BIL today, so does that mean i passed the completion R10 stage?

Thanks,