+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC -India (Wrong police station name)

herin09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
I applied from Canada, and as soon as status showed “wrong police station”, I contacted the Consulate with the application number and mentioned to them the correct police station, so instead of rejecting application or returning the application to me, they forwarded the application to correct police station, which not only saved my time but also money and a lot of headache. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much. I also applied from Canada under Tornoto jurisdiction. I got to know from the local police station that my station is wrong while the application status still shows police verification initiated. so you contacted consulate at pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in ? stating to change the station to the correct one?

dentist1

Oct 25, 2022
Thank you very much. I also applied from Canada under Tornoto jurisdiction. I got to know from the local police station that my station is wrong while the application status still shows police verification initiated. so you contacted consulate at pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in ? stating to change the station to the correct one?
Correct. Mine was through Vancouver. I would suggest formatting the email little carefully. Rather than suggesting them to forward the application to correct police station, what I did was, I informed them in the email of my situation and requested them to provide me with the information for the correct procedure to follow in such situation, I also included the correct police station. So, in simple terms, inform them that you made a mistake and ask them what should you do in such case. If the reader is compassionate enough he/she would spare you from some work. Unfortunately the correct/ideal process for them is to return application and re-apply a new one with correct information.
-Ravi

herin09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
Correct. Mine was through Vancouver. I would suggest formatting the email little carefully. Rather than suggesting them to forward the application to correct police station, what I did was, I informed them in the email of my situation and requested them to provide me with the information for the correct procedure to follow in such situation, I also included the correct police station. So, in simple terms, inform them that you made a mistake and ask them what should you do in such case. If the reader is compassionate enough he/she would spare you from some work. Unfortunately the correct/ideal process for them is to return application and re-apply a new one with correct information.
-Ravi
Ok thank you very much.

muthuganesh

Jan 21, 2024
I applied from Canada, and as soon as status showed “wrong police station”, I contacted the Consulate with the application number and mentioned to them the correct police station, so instead of rejecting application or returning the application to me, they forwarded the application to correct police station, which not only saved my time but also money and a lot of headache. Hope this helps.
status you are saying is in bls or passport portal ? i m in same situations and status is PCC is under review at embassy can we call embassy directly for this ?