+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC India query urgent

Prero

Apr 4, 2020
Hi,
I have recently received ITA, and then I have applied for PCC through passport office. The pcc issue date is from September 2012 . As the requirement is to submit PCC for the last 10 years, should I get another PCC for the date-range 2010 to 2012 as the pcc which I have got doesn’t cover the date range. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance

ketan bishnoi

Apr 5, 2020
If you have resided in the same place, then you can easily get PCC from the passport office and also from the police headquarter. If you have changed the location, you will have to get PCC from all the police stations of those areas.
If you are from India, there's a hack to it. Nowadays, some state police have provided an online portal to apply for PCC. You apply on that. However, enter the details for the last 10 years from the same address, where you are now. Then go to the headquarter to expedite the process of PCC. (Might include requesting or even...). However, you aren't doing basically anything ethically wrong, because in any case, police personnel will come to visit your place of stay and will also ask around from neighbors. This way it can be sped up. At the same time, apply for PCC from passport office as well.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi,
I have recently received ITA, and then I have applied for PCC through passport office. The pcc issue date is from September 2012 . As the requirement is to submit PCC for the last 10 years, should I get another PCC for the date-range 2010 to 2012 as the pcc which I have got doesn’t cover the date range. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance
I don't know what you mean by PCC issue date being September 2012. It should be after your ITA. So you need to get a new one. @ketan bishnoi as far as my knowledge goes CIC doesn't accept PCC from police station or even headquarters. He has to go PSK (passport seva kendra) or embassy if he is residing outside India.

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
If you have resided in the same place, then you can easily get PCC from the passport office and also from the police headquarter. If you have changed the location, you will have to get PCC from all the police stations of those areas.
If you are from India, there's a hack to it. Nowadays, some state police have provided an online portal to apply for PCC. You apply on that. However, enter the details for the last 10 years from the same address, where you are now. Then go to the headquarter to expedite the process of PCC. (Might include requesting or even...). However, you aren't doing basically anything ethically wrong, because in any case, police personnel will come to visit your place of stay and will also ask around from neighbors. This way it can be sped up. At the same time, apply for PCC from passport office as well.
hey @ketan bishnoi- Do IRCC accept PCC issued by state/district police? I heard they only accept PCC obtained from the Passport Offices in India.