+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC(India) complication

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
Hello. I have a situation. We are in Canada and want to apply for PCC in India from here for PR. However, the address on my passport in India is a rental I used to live in so can't put that address.
Can I put my parent's address? If yes, should I put their address proof? I also have that(parent's) address on my Aadhar, so should I also put a copy of that? Is there any other document I need to justify this? I got this form online called 'Personal Particluars form' Is that needed?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello. I have a situation. We are in Canada and want to apply for PCC in India from here for PR. However, the address on my passport in India is a rental I used to live in so can't put that address.
Can I put my parent's address? If yes, should I put their address proof? I also have that(parent's) address on my Aadhar, so should I also put a copy of that? Is there any other document I need to justify this? I got this form online called 'Personal Particluars form' Is that needed?
The thing is it will be literally verified by a cop if you had lived in that house. Personal particular form is the one you need. But you need to put the address from last 10 years you had lived upon as per that form. Maybe the best thing is to call VAC centre or the department handling PCC

tangypasta

Nov 11, 2022
the problem is that they will then ask you to change your address in the passport to get a pcc on new address. Maybe ask the local thana if they can accept your old rental documents. little bit or more of chai paani may help.

CuriousKoala

Dec 29, 2022
Hi bpur87,
Not a problem at all, I had a similar situation, my address on passport is an old address. I used my Aadhar address, to get my PCC, you just need to attach a copy of your Aadhar with your application, and provide consent for e-verify aadhar details in the online application form (passportseva... ). The local police station, will call and visit the address, verify your particulars, you will need to make sure to give a local phone number (probably parents phone number, contact), and chose the right local police station corresponding to your Aadhar address. The Personal Particulars form is not required for Indian citizens, but the bls center might ask you to fill it.

Reactions: bpur87

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
The thing is it will be literally verified by a cop if you had lived in that house. Personal particular form is the one you need. But you need to put the address from last 10 years you had lived upon as per that form. Maybe the best thing is to call VAC centre or the department handling PCC
I think i will use the aadhar for this. Verified by a few people this works. Thanks so much

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
the problem is that they will then ask you to change your address in the passport to get a pcc on new address. Maybe ask the local thana if they can accept your old rental documents. little bit or more of chai paani may help.
Address change in passport is the worst actually. Too much issues with that. But yeah that will work. I am gonna use my aadhar

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
Hi bpur87,
Not a problem at all, I had a similar situation, my address on passport is an old address. I used my Aadhar address, to get my PCC, you just need to attach a copy of your Aadhar with your application, and provide consent for e-verify aadhar details in the online application form (passportseva... ). The local police station, will call and visit the address, verify your particulars, you will need to make sure to give a local phone number (probably parents phone number, contact), and chose the right local police station corresponding to your Aadhar address. The Personal Particulars form is not required for Indian citizens, but the bls center might ask you to fill it.
Oh perfect. I was thinking the same. Do you know how long it takes to get PCC(from Canada) these days?

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
I have a new situation. My wife's parents are currently not at the address mentioned in her passport. They wont be there for another 6 months but we gotta do the PCC soon. She has that address on her passport but just that there wouldn't be anyone right now if we apply for PCC. Her parents dont live anywhere else, the address is still legit.

What could be done here?

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
My passport has a different address... my aadhar has a different address... When I was in India I stayed in different address
I gave the current address of my parents and I got my PCC.

CuriousKoala

Dec 29, 2022
Oh perfect. I was thinking the same. Do you know how long it takes to get PCC(from Canada) these days?
I got mine in about 35 days (Vancouver BLS). The police station will call the Indian local number in about 7 to 10 days from your application (day received at the consulate) and schedule an appoint to visit/or ask the representative/family member to visit the police station.