+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC HELP!

vivian1356

May 7, 2013
I got this email along with MR and Biodata. Can anyone tell me whether I should provide PCC from home country or Canada? CIC didn't specify in the email. Besides the PCC I sent along with my original application in July, they already requested PCC in November from my home country (which they specified in the email which country). Would it be possible they're requesting a PCC a third time from my home country? Thanks for the help!!

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
> Court record / Police report: Provide an original police report or court records Provide a Certificate of No Criminal conviction.

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
PCC is usually requested from the countries where you have stayed other than Canada.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
vivian1356 said:
I got this email along with MR and Biodata. Can anyone tell me whether I should provide PCC from home country or Canada? CIC didn't specify in the email. Besides the PCC I sent along with my original application in July, they already requested PCC in November from my home country (which they specified in the email which country). Would it be possible they're requesting a PCC a third time from my home country? Thanks for the help!!

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
> Court record / Police report: Provide an original police report or court records Provide a Certificate of No Criminal conviction.

This is not for Canada. Different countries have different requirements, it's possible you missed one, but no one can help you without you naming the country...

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess he is from China.

But you can replay CIC by mail stating you have already provided you PCC before, or for more clarification on which contry specific PCC they need now.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I would also ask -

1) Was there anything on your PCC that might require explanation?

2) Have you lived in any other country for at least 6 months?

But absolutely, you can email back to CIC and ask for clarification, and you should if you think there's been a mistake -

vivian1356

May 7, 2013
Thanks Guy! I already emailed CIC on May 6, but not getting a reply, so I'm getting a bit anxious as I don't want a long delay on the application.
Home country is China, I also lived in UK for 1 year. Do you think I'll have to provide PCC for both countries again then? Thanks!