+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from UAE

olaKaf89

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Under the I explained each point I thought needed further clarification in a new bullet point. For the issue related to PCC from UAE I wrote:

"The PCC provided by the Dubai Police has mentioned my old passport number ‘XXXXXX’ in the report and the copy of my old passport
has been uploaded under Passports/Travel Documents sections for your reference."
I received my PCC with the an incorrect passport number (more like random numbers) despite the fact that I submitted a copy of my passport during application.. I contacted the Dubai Police headquarters and the said I'll have to go to immigration. The problem is that I am not in Dubai, so I don't know how to go about this. If I apply for another PCC, I can't guarantee that the same problem will not happen. Will a LOE with attachments of the PCC and emails communication be good?

shobasrin

Nov 3, 2014
@olaKaf89
How did you finally handle your PCC issues?
I have received a PCC with wrong name and passport number against my Emirates ID number. Looks like there is some database error in their system?
When I approached Dubai police they asked me to contact MOI....When I reached out to MOI they asked me to reach out to Immigration & port authority!! ....I am a bit lost and not able to coordinate this from canada

olaKaf89

Star Member
May 24, 2021
@olaKaf89
How did you finally handle your PCC issues?
I have received a PCC with wrong name and passport number against my Emirates ID number. Looks like there is some database error in their system?
When I approached Dubai police they asked me to contact MOI....When I reached out to MOI they asked me to reach out to Immigration & port authority!! ....I am a bit lost and not able to coordinate this from canada
[/QUOTE
Fortunately for me, I had applied for a PCC in 2019 and it had all the correct details, so I attached the old PCC with the new PCC (the one with the errors) together with a letter of explanation and email proofs showing that I tried contacting all the possible channels to get the error corrected. I don't know if this same approach will work for you, depending on what your circumstance is.