+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from UAE

samiisra

Dec 13, 2018
hi,

Need one clarification. We got good conduct certificate from Dubai Police and on PCC our old passport number is mentioned as this passport in their system and visa also issues on old passport. We renewed our passports and new passports are having one digit different number and we carry both passports while traveling.
Will there be any issue in this. I am thinking to upload both passport copies with letter of explanation.

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
I had the same issue in Abu Dhabi. I went to the GHQ and asked them to reissue the document with new details but they said I would have to visit immigration department and update my info there first, did this and then went back to GHQ and reissued my PCC. This is what I did but maybe others could shed light on whether you will have to do something along the same lines.

Reactions: Sherlok

samiisra

Dec 13, 2018
I had the same issue in Abu Dhabi. I went to the GHQ and asked them to reissue the document with new details but they said I would have to visit immigration department and update my info there first, did this and then went back to GHQ and reissued my PCC. This is what I did but maybe others could shed light on whether you will have to do something along the same lines.
Thanks for your feedback.
Did you changed visa to new passport or they just updated your passport number in their system??

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
My visa was in my old passport so when I visited immigration they moved the existing visa to new passport.

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
To update the visa to new passport I had to pay a certain amount - don’t remember exact figure but it was less than 200 AED.

For reissuing the PCC I did not have to make any additional payment.

Hopefully a few other applicants from Dubai will be able to assist since I am speaking based on my experience in AUH.

samiisra

Dec 13, 2018
To update the visa to new passport I had to pay a certain amount - don’t remember exact figure but it was less than 200 AED.

For reissuing the PCC I did not have to make any additional payment.

Hopefully a few other applicants from Dubai will be able to assist since I am speaking based on my experience in AUH.
Thanks for your support.

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
hi,

Need one clarification. We got good conduct certificate from Dubai Police and on PCC our old passport number is mentioned as this passport in their system and visa also issues on old passport. We renewed our passports and new passports are having one digit different number and we carry both passports while traveling.
Will there be any issue in this. I am thinking to upload both passport copies with letter of explanation.
I had the same case. I uploaded both my passports and explained the situation in LoE.

Reactions: samiisra

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
if possible can you please share your sample LoE with me.
Under the I explained each point I thought needed further clarification in a new bullet point. For the issue related to PCC from UAE I wrote:

"The PCC provided by the Dubai Police has mentioned my old passport number ‘XXXXXX’ in the report and the copy of my old passport
has been uploaded under Passports/Travel Documents sections for your reference."