+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from PSK India .. timeline?

snaravane

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Is your passport address same as the one you're residing? Was your current passport allotted based on successful Police Verification (Clear Report). If you're married, is your spouse's name on the passport document? If yes, same day.

Reactions: nitingpt09

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
How much time does PSK take to issue PCC in India?
If the police verification for your passport was done within the last 6 months of your PCC application, then you will get PCC on the very same day of your appointment to the PSK.

If not, you'll get PCC once your clear report from police station reaches to the PSK. In this case, you'll be notified by the PSK to get PCC from there.

Reactions: nitingpt09

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello all,

The permanent address on my passport is different from where I'm residing now. I cannot apply for PCC online because my permanent and present addresses are different (different state altogether). Is there any way that I can apply for PCC from my current residence rather than going back to my permanent address and applying for it? I do not want to change my passport at this time with my present address. Any other solutions? Kindly advice.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello all,

The permanent address on my passport is different from where I'm residing now. I cannot apply for PCC online because my permanent and present addresses are different (different state altogether). Is there any way that I can apply for PCC from my current residence rather than going back to my permanent address and applying for it? I do not want to change my passport at this time with my present address. Any other solutions? Kindly advice.
You can apply for a PCC from your current address just that you will have to endure the entire police verication process.You will not get it in a single day. The police verification will be similar to the passport police verification wherein you will have to go to the nearest police station for verification. Once police gives a clear report you can apply for the PCC at PSK.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
You can apply for a PCC from your current address just that you will have to endure the entire police verication process.You will not get it in a single day. The police verification will be similar to the passport police verification wherein you will have to go to the nearest police station for verification. Once police gives a clear report you can apply for the PCC at PSK.
Thanks for your response. However the issue I am facing now is that why applying for PCC on the website it is throwing an error saying that the regional passport offices are different in present and permanent address and not allowing me to proceed. Any idea how we can get around that?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
You need to select the passport office and police station corresponding to your current address. Leave the permanent address out.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
How much time does PSK take to issue PCC in India?

once you apply for the pcc from your current address update your phone number. .. After 3 days of applying u will get a message about your police verification there will be a phone number of the police officer concerned call him immediately and then procced from there. .. if u are in delhi then go to PSK southdelhi behind hyaat hotel. .they are better.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
You need to select the passport office and police station corresponding to your current address. Leave the permanent address out.
Hi. I tried doing as suggested but it is not being accepted. I had previously applied for passport using psk which was last year, from my native. It isn't allowing me to submit with error that regional passport offices are different. So I guess the only way is to go back and apply?

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi. I tried doing as suggested but it is not being accepted. I had previously applied for passport using psk which was last year, from my native. It isn't allowing me to submit with error that regional passport offices are different. So I guess the only way is to go back and apply?
Im sorry u may have to do that. But that is strange that it is giving you this error. Because you can apply from your current address to the local PSK even if your address on passport or permanent address is different. It is just that the time taken is longer.

Reactions: anoop10x

GKB1990

Jun 16, 2017
Same issue of ppc is with me.permanent address on my pp is different but from last one year I am staying at Delhi.what should I do? One more thing is that about 3 months back I got my PCC in Delhi by my land lord.will it work or I should go for latest.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Im sorry u may have to do that. But that is strange that it is giving you this error. Because you can apply from your current address to the local PSK even if your address on passport or permanent address is different. It is just that the time taken is longer.
Yup, thanks once again :)