+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pcc from IRAQ

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Great!!
I've worked in Iraq for 3 years like rotation kind of job (30 days on and 30 days off), meaning 30 days I will stay in Iraq and go back to home cotry for next 10 days. I haven't stayed in Iraq 6 months in row. Should I submit Iraq PCC?
Hi there, can you update us on your situation? I have the same issue, been working in iraq for 2 years on rotation maximum stay for 28 days but when I got the ITA the system requested a PCC from iraq, i have submitted a letter that says i was working in a rotation in a camp and did not leave the camp at all, I hope they will accept that, please let us know if you ended up needing the letter, if you did, then I have to go to the consulate in Ottawa to request it

trk123

Aug 9, 2020
Hi there, can you update us on your situation? I have the same issue, been working in iraq for 2 years on rotation maximum stay for 28 days but when I got the ITA the system requested a PCC from iraq, i have submitted a letter that says i was working in a rotation in a camp and did not leave the camp at all, I hope they will accept that, please let us know if you ended up needing the letter, if you did, then I have to go to the consulate in Ottawa to request it
Hi, I am in the same situation. Worked on 28 rotational role for 2 years. Were you able to obtain a PCC or get an exemption from IRCC?

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. So basically I attached a letter from the security manager on the project saying that I have never left the camp and that I had no issues at all and no interaction with the outside world. I still haven't heard anything back from IRCC

pri91

Feb 14, 2020
We have received a CPR without a PCC from Iraq
Great, congrats.

Can you share your details like, which country you belong, how much duration you stayed in Iraq, what documents you submitted, AOR, BIL, PPR date etc.

Any important aspect in the process that would benefit others ?

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Ok, here's my experience.. I hope this is helpful for everyone.

I worked in Iraq for a period of 2.5 years, on a 30 days on, 30 days off schedule, never spent a continuous period of more than 30 days.

I opted not to get a PCC and have secured a job in Canada in the meantime, on a temporary work permit.

I applied for express entry after 1 year in Canada.

I was selected under CEC and was advised that I should submit a PCC from Iraq even though I didn't stay for a long period.

Instead of an Iraqi PCC, I have submitted a letter I obtained from the security manager of my company in Iraq, stating that I was living in a security bubble, i.e. picked up from the airport and dropped at the camp and vise versa, I had no interaction with the outside world and had a clean record within the camp boundaries. I clarified this further in

I have received my COPR 6 months after my invitation to apply.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jasmin-alladin

pri91

Feb 14, 2020

I worked in Iraq for a period of 2.5 years, on a 30 days on, 30 days off schedule, never spent a continuous period of more than 30 days.

I opted not to get a PCC and have secured a job in Canada in the meantime, on a temporary work permit.

I was selected under CEC and was advised that I should submit a PCC from Iraq even though I didn't stay for a long period.

Instead of an Iraqi PCC, I have submitted a letter I obtained from the security manager of my company in Iraq, stating that I was living in a security bubble, i.e. picked up from the airport and dropped at the camp and vise versa, I had no interaction with the outside world and had a clean record within the camp boundaries. I clarified this further in

Hope this helps.
Thanks, it helps. Once again congrats and All the best.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi. I am glad that you got copr without the police certificate. Your sharing is really very helpful. We have same situation.

Could you please tell me more abt the letter submitted from security mgr of your company.

Thank you.

Hope this helps.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Good day!

I just would like to share my experience on how to obtain Iraq PCC if you are an "In-Canada applicant". I thought this was an impossible thing to do, but IT IS. It will just take so much time to wait and you will need lots of patience.

1. I called up Iraq Consulate Montreal to request an appointment for the PCC application (Here they will instruct you what to bring and what date/time you can come).. You may check their number in GoogleMaps.

2. On the day of application, I brought with me passport photos, passport, and USD 9.00. I Did my finger-printing and got the photocopy of my application receipt (I requested to have a copy of this receipt to prove to IRCC that I have already applied for it, just in case they make a follow-up).

3. Waited. Tedious follow-ups. You need Patience, patience, and patience (Due to pandemic, there really was a delay in the service). I would suggest doing it earlier, so as to avoid pending your application

4. Iraq Consulate Montreal called me, telling me it's already available for pick-up. (Again, I have to go there personally in Montreal to do "another finger-printing").

5. Finger-print and Receive the document.

My happiness was indeed immeasurable. At first, I don't know where to start. I've searched this forum to get information on how to obtain it but we all have different cases. So I can't find one exactly. People who came to this point thought that it was really impossible and that we need to have someone represent us in Baghdad, Iraq, or a lawyer. But the Iraq Consulate had done everything at their end. All we have to do is wait. I was so glad and thankful for them.