+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC From Iran

ayousefi

Mar 29, 2021
Hello All,

I am applying for my Permanent Residency through the express entry and I am now at the point where I need to submit my police certificate from Iran (my birth country). Long story short, I have sent my ink fingerprint and other documents (photo, scanned copies of passport, IDs, etc.) to Iran and had a family member pursue the PCC for me from Iran. After a few days they emailed me saying that they could not verify my details; turns out that my ink fingerprint is not clear. A friend of mine sent their document around the same time and they gave her the same answer.

I wanted to ask if anyone who has had to get their PCC from Iran for their PR application to share their experience.
  • Will an ink fingerprint suffice or did you get your PCC with a digital fingerprint?
  • With the limited time on my PR application (I have 50 days left to submit), would an LOE (letter of explanation) be helpful? The information I have received from Iran up to this point has been either automated emails (in Farsi) or phone conversations with my family members explaining to me the situation - What evidence do you think I should include in my LOE so that it is acceptable by IRCC? What has your experience been in providing LOEs to IRCC on PR applications? Are they usually forgiving and how long delays did you experience in your application as a result?
  • I have also tried contacting offices in Ontario and Vancouver who specialize in pursuing PCCs but their turnaround time is just too long, at this point, I am just not sure how anyone could get a PCC from Iran given the turnaround time. Any experience or leads you could share would be greatly appreciated. I have tried reading up on the forums HERE and HERE but I was not able to find any information related to my situation.
Thanks all!

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
Hello All,

I am applying for my Permanent Residency through the express entry and I am now at the point where I need to submit my police certificate from Iran (my birth country). Long story short, I have sent my ink fingerprint and other documents (photo, scanned copies of passport, IDs, etc.) to Iran and had a family member pursue the PCC for me from Iran. After a few days they emailed me saying that they could not verify my details; turns out that my ink fingerprint is not clear. A friend of mine sent their document around the same time and they gave her the same answer.

I wanted to ask if anyone who has had to get their PCC from Iran for their PR application to share their experience.
  • Will an ink fingerprint suffice or did you get your PCC with a digital fingerprint?
  • With the limited time on my PR application (I have 50 days left to submit), would an LOE (letter of explanation) be helpful? The information I have received from Iran up to this point has been either automated emails (in Farsi) or phone conversations with my family members explaining to me the situation - What evidence do you think I should include in my LOE so that it is acceptable by IRCC? What has your experience been in providing LOEs to IRCC on PR applications? Are they usually forgiving and how long delays did you experience in your application as a result?
  • I have also tried contacting offices in Ontario and Vancouver who specialize in pursuing PCCs but their turnaround time is just too long, at this point, I am just not sure how anyone could get a PCC from Iran given the turnaround time. Any experience or leads you could share would be greatly appreciated. I have tried reading up on the forums HERE and HERE but I was not able to find any information related to my situation.
Thanks all!
Hey man,
Did you manage to get an extension? I just sent my ink fingerprints to Iran and hope they accept it.
If you finally got your PCC, how long did it take?
Thanks