+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India, for people with non-indian nationality and not living in India

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

this might not apply to many, but i fall in this special situation....so wondering if anyone can shed some light.

I am trying to get PCC for my stay in India ( around 12 years back), as for Express Entry we are required to provide PCC for any country where we have lived more than six months. And here starts a struggle .....
- I went to Indian consulate in the country i live in, and they claim that they can only provide PCC to Indian passport holders living abroad. And i should contact my country's embassy in India. (which is not so logical for me, but i have still written to respective consulate in Delhi but no success so far).

Though as part of my google search, i found some Indian consulate have a provision (or their assigned company like VFS global in UK) take application for PCC for non-Indian passport holders. But of course that does not solve my problem. For all other countries i have lived in, its the respective consulate that is helping me with the PCC OR the police department but for India each state has its own police department website and unfortunately i never got an email answer from them even.

Anyone here went through similar situation ( lived in India, but not a citizen and need PCC)? How did you get around it....the unfortunate part is no one respond on emails to any of the departments ( like police, and even local consulate ).

any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anti_maniac said:
hi,

this might not apply to many, but i fall in this special situation....so wondering if anyone can shed some light.

I am trying to get PCC for my stay in India ( around 12 years back), as for Express Entry we are required to provide PCC for any country where we have lived more than six months. And here starts a struggle .....
- I went to Indian consulate in the country i live in, and they claim that they can only provide PCC to Indian passport holders living abroad. And i should contact my country's embassy in India. (which is not so logical for me, but i have still written to respective consulate in Delhi but no success so far).

Though as part of my google search, i found some Indian consulate have a provision (or their assigned company like VFS global in UK) take application for PCC for non-Indian passport holders. But of course that does not solve my problem. For all other countries i have lived in, its the respective consulate that is helping me with the PCC OR the police department but for India each state has its own police department website and unfortunately i never got an email answer from them even.

Anyone here went through similar situation ( lived in India, but not a citizen and need PCC)? How did you get around it....the unfortunate part is no one respond on emails to any of the departments ( like police, and even local consulate ).

any pointers would be highly appreciated.
Indian embassy in any country provides PCC to Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals. Here is one of the link I found when I google'd your query.
http://www.hicomind.org.nz/hcinz/consular-services/misc.-services/#pcc1

It clearly states
** Foreign nationals may also apply for PCC for their stay in India. Such applicants are required to provide details of their stay in India along with documentary proof which can be copy of visas, Study/Work certificates etc.

Please supply the following documents:
1.Completed and signed application form for Misc. Consular Services.
2.Fees of NZ $ 45 (Banker Cheque drawn in favour of “High Commission of India Wellington”. Personal Cheques or Money Orders are NOT accepted. Cash is accepted at the counter, if application is submitted in person).
3.Valid original Passport.(Not attested photocopies).
4.One passport size photograph pasted on the application. Do not staple/pin the photograph.
5.Self-addressed prepaid courier envelope to return your passport. (Please keep the record of tracking number)..

I am not sure which country you live in, its good if you can call the Indian embassy or pay them a visit. Yes in few countries VFS takes care of Consular services for Indian Embassy, please reach them and discuss.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the reply, i am based in Sweden...and i did went to Indian embassy in Sweden.

You gave me one more pointer besides 3-4 i found for other Indian consulates (outside Sweden i mean) who claim to offer PCC for foreign nationals. Would go there again and try to argue.

the problem is that besides finding some consulates who claim to do it ( like the link you pasted) i did found some which claimed they only do it for Indian nationals and i can not imagine they have country specific rules as to how Indian consulates behave in different countries. Anyhow, would go there again and show them other Indian consulates offering it. Lets see how it goes....

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just an update ( for any future readers who go through same problem).

finally after a bit of to and fro discussion, and i pointing to other Indian consulates (UK, SouthAfrica and California ) websites claiming that PCC can be received for foreign nationals ....the consulate agreed to take my application and said they cant promise anything. They would send it to their officials in India and if they hear positive they would give me a call. They said it can take time ( never said how much, even when i asked) ....but my reading between lines is that they may be didnt go through this before (surprisingly) and were not aware about possibility and got shaken up with info on other Indian consulate websites. Keeping my fingers crossed....would drop a message here if i succeed.

alsaqqaf

Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017
anti_maniac said:
just an update ( for any future readers who go through same problem).

finally after a bit of to and fro discussion, and i pointing to other Indian consulates (UK, SouthAfrica and California ) websites claiming that PCC can be received for foreign nationals ....the consulate agreed to take my application and said they cant promise anything. They would send it to their officials in India and if they hear positive they would give me a call. They said it can take time ( never said how much, even when i asked) ....but my reading between lines is that they may be didnt go through this before (surprisingly) and were not aware about possibility and got shaken up with info on other Indian consulate websites. Keeping my fingers crossed....would drop a message here if i succeed.
Any luck so far?

alsaqqaf

Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017
I did the same, reluctantly they accepted my application, six months later no news. How did it go with you @anti_maniac

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alsaqqaf said:
I did the same, reluctantly they accepted my application, six months later no news. How did it go with you @anti_maniac
sorry alsaqqaf, i somehow missed your question here.

fortunately for me, after 6-7 weeks i got my PCC. I had to call and remind them, though when i called the guy on phone was same who i had a long discussion when initially they didnt wanted to accept my applicaton. And he remembered me and just said your PCC is ready come and pick it.

how did it go for you?

alsaqqaf

Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017
5 Months later and they said there is no reply. They said it was sent to the Karnataka Regional Police Authority but there was no reply.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alsaqqaf said:
5 Months later and they said there is no reply. They said it was sent to the Karnataka Regional Police Authority but there was no reply.
hmm...sad. Though based on my experience with consulate you have to be firm and may be keep repeating yourself to them. They have nothing to loose, its only you who has something at stake. I hope you manage to get the PCC.