+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India delayed

PCC_desperate

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I applied for PCC from indian consulate in chicago with my husband on march 16 2018, he received the PCC by mail within a week (his passport was issued in new york if that makes a difference). I did not receive mine and was told that they need clearance from RPO bangalore before they can provide me with the PCC. We have received ITA and we have everything ready except the PCC:( any suggestions?

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys,

I applied for PCC from indian consulate in chicago with my husband on march 16 2018, he received the PCC by mail within a week (his passport was issued in new york if that makes a difference). I did not receive mine and was told that they need clearance from RPO bangalore before they can provide me with the PCC. We have received ITA and we have everything ready except the PCC:( any suggestions?

Hi PCC_desperate,

I am in a similar situation. It's been 4 weeks now for me, and the HCI person keeps on repeating the same line like a broken record, 'I can't do anything unless I get a clearance from India'. All my other documents are ready and this is the only bottleneck. I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what to do. The last option is of course to go to India in person to collect it, but it seems so dumb. I am sure the RPO would be non-responsive even if we tried to contact them from here.
Seniors, any suggestion would be really welcome...

yogi-g

Jan 29, 2018
Hi PCC_desperate,

I am in a similar situation. It's been 4 weeks now for me, and the HCI person keeps on repeating the same line like a broken record, 'I can't do anything unless I get a clearance from India'. All my other documents are ready and this is the only bottleneck. I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what to do. The last option is of course to go to India in person to collect it, but it seems so dumb. I am sure the RPO would be non-responsive even if we tried to contact them from here.
I am in the same situation. The consulate in DC said it'll take 30 days, but my 30 days are up tomorrow and I have heard nothing back from them.

If any of you guys have luck with the follow-up, please help us out by letting us know what steps you took to resolve the situation.

Thank you!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi PCC_desperate,

I have gone through same situation and the consulate person is right, once they have referred the case back to India they won't give you any update. You will have to follow up yourself with the concerned RPO. Generally it takes from 6-8 weeks once the case has been referred to India.
What you can do is call the Chicago consulate and ask the person to give you reference number of the request they have sent to India. The requests are sent by email to India. I don't think offices in India are so regular in checking those emails. So get that reference number and then contact RPO and give them reference number and try to check the status.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
wait till the last day of the deadline and upload proof that you appled for PCC and waiting for it. cic will give you more time.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys,

In your case the delay is much more than expected. Generally even the cases referred to India should come back in 6-8 weeks. One option is what @navinball has suggested. You still have 2 months before ITA deadline. In the meantime get your reference number from Chicago consulate and try to follow up with RPO Bangalore.

Is your home address in Bangalore or some other city. When a request is sent to India sometimes the RPO may request police to do physical verification. It's possible your local police station has got such request but they have not acted on it.