+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Country of Citizenship (left more than 10 years ago).

mmafi

Jan 31, 2023
Hello. I'm planning to submit my PR application in the next few days. I have been studying/working in countries other than my home country for the last 10 years. I have not stayed in my country of citizenship for 6 month or more in the last 10 years. My checklist of required documents does not ask me for a police clearance certificate for my country of citizenship. I have provided PCCs from all the countries I have been in the last 10 years. However, I am worried that the officer might reject my application without asking for the one from my home country in case it's needed. Unfortunately, I can not get one before the 60 days expiration. Are my concerns valid?

Has anyone been in the same situation of living abroad for more than 10 years and got PR without submitting a PCC from their home country? If so, did the officer ask for one later? Is it possible to refuse the application for not submitting a non-required document? I'm freaking out and would appreciate any thoughts about this. Thanks :)

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
It would be good to provide the document if you can get it. You have not stayed in your home country for more than 6 months but you may have visited your home country right?

mmafi

Jan 31, 2023
It would be good to provide the document if you can get it. You have not stayed in your home country for more than 6 months but you may have visited your home country right?
Exactly, I know it's a good idea and I have applied for one but it's likely not going to be obtained before the deadline. That's why I was asking if they will just request one later if needed or if they can reject the application without even asking since it is a non-required document.

I have visited and the last time I was there (two months ago), I obtained a PCC but I know that it should be obtained after I left the country which unfortunately is not the case. I got it few days before leaving. I have uploaded the one I got with an explanation letter of the situation but not sure if that's enough.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
The Criminal check happens early on. Technically they shouldn't reject it. If you have applied write a LOE along with the proof that you have applied for it. You may get a ADR which will give you additional time.

Reactions: mmafi

Elena.qat

Sep 13, 2023
Exactly, I know it's a good idea and I have applied for one but it's likely not going to be obtained before the deadline. That's why I was asking if they will just request one later if needed or if they can reject the application without even asking since it is a non-required document.

I have visited and the last time I was there (two months ago), I obtained a PCC but I know that it should be obtained after I left the country which unfortunately is not the case. I got it few days before leaving. I have uploaded the one I got with an explanation letter of the situation but not sure if that's enough.
Hi. Did you progress with your application? Whats the latest update?