+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Canada and Adverse Report on your passport

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
I had my Passport on Tatkal quota (in 2018). Since, I didn't give the bribe to the Police Officer who came for the Police Verification, he submitted an 'adverse' report (related to the Addresses I lived) to the PSK. I got a letter from the PSK intimating the same and asked about for the explanation but I didn't have time to provide the explanation, so ignored.
Question is - Can this create an issue while getting PCC from Canada (I am in Canada on WorkPermit)?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I had my Passport on Tatkal quota (in 2018). Since, I didn't give the bribe to the Police Officer who came for the Police Verification, he submitted an 'adverse' report (related to the Addresses I lived) to the PSK. I got a letter from the PSK intimating the same and asked about for the explanation but I didn't have time to provide the explanation, so ignored.
Question is - Can this create an issue while getting PCC from Canada (I am in Canada on WorkPermit)?
It may as your address was not verified. But as long as you file an application and mention that you now are a resident of Canada, you should not have an issue. However, before you request a PCC, make sure you have a valid passport.

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
It may as your address was not verified. But as long as you file an application and mention that you now are a resident of Canada, you should not have an issue. However, before you request a PCC, make sure you have a valid passport.
Thank you for the reply!
I have a valid passport. So, in case I get an ITA, I'll request the PCC from Canada and then if required (god forbid) I'll have to visit India to clear that remark on both the passports (my wife's PP has got similar remark). IRCC is ready to extend the timelines during the pandemic time. Its quite tough to clear the SCN (show cause notice) on the passports beforehand, given that I am in Canada.

hans_freek

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
In case of Adverse Report been updated by Local Police station on your PCC with a reason of insufficient documents for current address, from where you get your application reinitiated. Is it from RPO(Regional Passport Office) or PSK(Passport Seva Kendra)?

amar_lko

Nov 26, 2022
Hi

Anyone has pointer if you got adverse PCC from Canada for India then what are the next steps to resolve the same ?

hans_freek

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Hi

Anyone has pointer if you got adverse PCC from Canada for India then what are the next steps to resolve the same ?
you will have to either call the Regional Passport Office or email them or take an appointment and visit them in personal to reopen your file.

hans_freek

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Thanks . As I am outside India can someone from my family visit the passport office ?
I highly doubt it as I myself have faced this issue and they only ask the applicant to be present. However, you can try with some sort of Affidavit which gives power to your trusted ones back in India to represent you. But again, it’s discretion to the authorities.

amar_lko

Nov 26, 2022
Thanks . But in this case I applied from outside india . I will give a try with my father visiting RPO. On the other hand , BLS customer care informed you can apply for new application. Not sure if that is feasible .